Ouch!

collinb

3 minutes ago, Immortan D said:

Wow those things are expensive! And honestly, I don't even like them. No adjustments whatsoever. Not even a dovetailed sole... bah!

And for that price I would expect (and I may get some flack for this) that the website would incorporate some decent photography. Image exposures are horribly inconsistent and poorly lit.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Immortan D said:

Wow those things are expensive! And honestly, I don't even like them. No adjustments whatsoever. Not even a dovetailed sole... bah!

Daniel, wouldn't you make the adjustments with a small brass mallet or something of that nature, like the older wooden planes.

59 minutes ago, collinb said:

And for that price I would expect (and I may get some flack for this) that the website would incorporate some decent photography. Image exposures are horribly inconsistent and poorly lit.

These planes I like: http://www.holteyplanes.com/infill-planes-A13.html

Although their cheapest plane is close to $3000... I guess a smoother is about $7000 LOL

27 minutes ago, Chet K said:

Daniel, wouldn't you make the adjustments with a small brass mallet or something of that nature.

Yeah, I know some people favor that, I don't, I prefer knobs and levers. The lack of those "gadgets" makes the price even more ridiculous!