Beer tote

MisterDrow

Regular bottles... I've got some hardboard dividers cut that will sit down inside to keep the bottles from jostling around too much. I want to make one for myself that will fit a couple growlers, though. Much more convenient (and stylish) to take them to and from the brewery that way.

I've got one more I made out of regular pine that's ready to sand and glue up tonight. I think I'll apply a sealer and just stain that one because, meh... regular pine... but who knows. I'll have to see how I'm feeling after assembly. Both of them are gifts for my brother-in-law and his brother who are in town for Christmas.

23 minutes ago, Rex Edgar said:
Did you build it while skimpily clad?

LOL not sure what you are implying... I was fully clothed, though.

EDIT: HA! The video didn't come through on my phone. That's hilarious! I was wearing a kilt when I initially cut the pieces the other day, if that makes you feel better. :P

• Like 2

I saw one of these in a store recently and was thinking of making one as well. Yours is better wood and construction than the store one, which was selling for $45 at kohls!

One thought, you could mount a bottle opener this one on one end, to make it more functional.

Image result for bottel opener

• Like 1

I saw one of these in a store recently and was thinking of making one as well. Yours is better wood and construction than the store one, which was selling for $45 at kohls!

One thought, you could mount a bottle opener this one on one end, to make it more functional.

opener-bottleplain.jpg

I've got 8 of those on the way from Amazon, one of which will go on there. :)

• Like 1

I just had a thought... these totes will be going to Georgia after the holidays... where the bottom of them is glued in rabbets to the sides, are these things going to come apart when they get into that heavy Southern humidity? I hadn't considered wood movement in something like this but perhaps I should have...

Or maybe I'm doing that overthinking thing again :P

One thing I added when I built these a couple Xmas ago was this... I also put a magnet in the bottom to hold the caps.

https://www.amazon.com/Starr-Mount-Bottle-Catcher-Black/dp/B001PI3V2K/ref=pd_bxgy_79_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=2CQF92E8AKZBH4HRET53

Probably too late to Xmas this year but maybe when you get some re-orders from friends like I did :)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MisterDrow said:

And here's the second one

d17467758e061b85c60ed22adff70fbc.jpg

May steal this idea for a gift. How did you get your dimensions, just grab some bottles and give it a shot? I'm debating if I should make it sized for regular bottles, or some of those larger bottles? I guess a 6 pack of the bigger bottles would be pretty heavy..