Breakfast Bar

..Kev

8 minutes ago, Brendon_t said:

That Parota finishes up nicely. I've been seeing a bunch of Parota slabs around recently. Do you have pictures before finish hit it? 

x2JMHn.jpg

3 minutes ago, K Cooper said:

It takes me two weeks to pack for a three day trip. Don't know how you do it! My first time seeing Parota wood. Pretty neat stuff! Have a safe trip! 

Thanks Coop.. See you in BR!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Brendon_t said:

That's quite a bit darker than the Parota I've seen down here.  We're getting slabs more muted sipo in color. 

To be honest, it's the first time I've worked with it so, really don't have anything to compare it to..  Ultimately, I was pretty pleased with the way it popped with finish.

2 hours ago, shaneymack said:

Looks nice, Kev ! Did you just replace the top on the clients breakfast bar or you built the whole thing ? I guess we'll know more once the video drops

Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk

Just the top. They're installing new cabinets that will get concrete counter tops except for this breakfast bar. They're doing the install as well. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
33 minutes ago, bushwacked said:

damn! That drum sander just paid for itself with this one!! Great job Kev! Never heard of this wood before but man it is pretty. 

How long did it take for 20 passes in the drum sander? an hour or 2?

Thanks BW.  I think your guestimate on the time is about accurate..

3 minutes ago, bushwacked said:

ooooh now I remember my other question ...

When you ripped a straight edge on the back ... how did you make sure it was actually straight since the front was live edge? Did you just mark a point on both sides and cut and that was now the "straight" edge?

I actually just set my long rail on it and eyeballed what looked good to the front edge.  From there, I used a shorter rail and a square to trim the ends.  

• Like 1