Combine two polyurethane finishes

pideja

I mistakenly purchased Minwax Super Fast-Drying Polyurethane for Floors in the satin finish rather than the semi-gloss for my hardwood floors. I also purchased some gloss finish Minwax Super Fast-Drying Polyurethane. Is it possible to somehow combine the two products in order to get a less "flat" finish than is possible with the satin alone. Of course, I would have to figure out the correct proportions in order to match the existing finish of my floors. You see, I am attempting to "renew" parts of the floors that are worn by use and not the whole floor. I realize their is also the question of applying the new polyurethane so that the outer edges are on a gradient in order to blend with the existing floor finish.
Can this be done?

The satin has a flattening agent in it. It must be stirred up quite well before using or mixing. As to matching the existing floor sheen that's going to take a good bit of testing and careful application. Practice on the least visible spots. If you wait a week or more you might be able to use an grey or white abrasive pad to reduce the sheen on a too glossy spot.

Or you could buff the entire floor .