right angle attachment?

Merlau

I use a different right-angle attachment (old General brand), but assuming they work similarly, it wouldn't transmit the hammer action through the angle. Even if it doesn't destroy the accessory, you wouldn't get any gain out of it. Now, they do work well with impact drivers, as the impact is rotational and carries through the accessory.

EDIT:

This is the type of right-angle adapter I use, with a Jacobs chuck. I inherited it, so just like with anything else, it pays to find a good model. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-General-right-angle-drill-adapter-Made-in-USA-/152390992732?hash=item237b36035c:g:0~gAAOSwnHZYa8l3

As noted the hammer action will not transfer through the 90 degree attachment.  When I wired our lake house I bought a Milescraft similar to this (which had a side handle that I liked) to avoid buying a $200+ right angle drill.  It worked well but by the time I finished roughing in the electrical (1900sq ft all electric house so a lot of drilling with spade bits) it was pretty much shot.  So while it didn't last like a real right angle drill (like a Milwaukee) for one serious job or likely a lifetime of DIY work it worked well and as a bargain.  I have actually looked at these recently since it will soon be time to wire my new shop, I decided I really prefer the side handle and will probably buy another Milescraft but Milwaukee makes one that "looks" heavier duty for a few more bucks.  

I got one of those, but haven't really used it much. I've had experience with (and ruined) a number of other similar drives. The thing is, they don't handle much torque at all. So using them with the drill's low gear is risky & I wouldn't think they'd last more than about 3 seconds with impact use.

They really are just a tool for occasional gentle use in a very tight spot, IMO.

that was what thought light work, i have a hole hawg for most work but the small stuff i was thinking this could do.. mainly driveing screws and small drill jobs. will look at them tomorrow in the local tool store..

side note. sorry about having this thread in the wrong place to stat with.. thanks for moving it as soon as it arrived.

• 3 weeks later...

I have one and works well. I don't think it will work in hammer mode. First of all this attachment is designed for bits and drill bits with 1/4" HEX shafts, which in turn are not prepared for hammer action. You may use an adapter, but it will detach from the DW adapter because bits are only  held in place by a strong magnet and not a chuck.

By hammer action I meant percussion mode. Now with an impact driver, it may work, but not for a long time.