Digital Magazine

37 minutes ago, Seth Clayton said:

Is there a magazine that does?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Woodsmith allows you to download all the issues you have paid for if you buy the "Woodsmith Library".  the library also contains historical issues if you bought the archives CD.  Their search engine is quite well developed.  Search for Arts and Crafts Dining table and you get all articles from any of the issues you have rights to.

Fine Woodworking allows you to download anything from the mags as a PDF but, they are not organized as a magazine per-se since doing that in an online vehicle would be kind of silly.  Their search engine is much improved from their previous version.  I would have to think that was a number one peeve when they surveyed current subscribers prior to the rebuild.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, gee-dub said:

Woodsmith allows you to download all the issues you have paid for if you buy the "Woodsmith Library".  the library also contains historical issues if you bought the archives CD. 

Thats this HERE correct? And the CD is now a USB thumb drive? If you just buy access to the online library without the USB drive that should give you access to all the magazine PDF files right? Only need to get the USB drive if you want a backed up hard copy it seems like.

There is the print subscription, which also includes digital magazines and the online membership, which includes digital magazine and access to the archives. Each option is $35 per year. 

For myself, the membership is the better deal because of the archive access, and the print magazines are something that pile up because I can't bear to throw away.

I really only want to subscribe to one magazine.  Sounds like it's either Fine Woodworking or Popular Woodworking that have decent digital editions.  Which do you guys think is more useful?  For now, I'm building shop furniture and tack trunks (square chests), but would like to graduate to nicer stuff for our house eventually.

1 hour ago, Bulldog said:

So....I guess I was the only one that had to buy the subscription to access all the archives online? It cost about 80 bucks. My online membership only let go back and view a year or two's worth of content. 

I just checked my online membership & it has access all the way back to issue #1 as well as all the other online content. The yearly rate is $34.95. It does not include the paper version of the magazine.