How Much For A Unisaw

freedhardwoods

It looks like it needs a bunch of work, that fence is kinda weird looking. And I'd bet it needs bearings.  It runs, all that means is the switch works.  It looks like the table top is going in many directions, but that could just be the pic or camera angle.  Price wise, considering the work, I'd offer $400 and see what they say...But you won't really know much til you get up close and personal, with a straight edge and some wood.

i'm with @RichardA, 400 would be my top dollar, it looks well used and i think its an older model, i think you will end up throwing money at it but at 400 you do have some room for whatever issues it has. also, 2hp sounds light for that saw especially a 220v one, i think those were 3hp at a minimum. i would have to hear it run, check bearings ect. and go from there.

I would agree that saw probably needs some work, it also looks like the table is on backwards.  I would prefer a cast wing and the fence looks beefy and should work, but I would probably swap with a piece of extruded aluminum.  I wouldn't go more than $425 for the saw.  I thought the 220 versions had at least 3 hp motors, I could be wrong though.

6 minutes ago, Woodenskye said:

I would agree that saw probably needs some work, it also looks like the table is on backwards.  I would prefer a cast wing and the fence looks beefy and should work, but I would probably swap with a piece of extruded aluminum.  I wouldn't go more than $425 for the saw.  I thought the 220 versions had at least 3 hp motors, I could be wrong though.

You got it right, I didn't catch that, the table does look backwards.  There's no blade showing, and that makes me wonder!

I don't think that's a Unisaw.  It would say "Unisaw" on the front if it really was.  More likely a 36-755 hybrid with table mounted trunnions like a contractor saw.   The Unifence is a good fence, but its right tilt, pre-riving knife, has a steel wing, and no warranty.   If it's in good working order $400ish seems about right.

• Like 1

I threw that post up real quick before I left for church. It has a blade in this pic. They're asking $350. I found other ads asking $600 - $1400 for better looking units. The backwards table makes me think he found it in pieces and put it together.

Thanks for the comments. I know nothing about Unisaws. Any more info I should know?

zzzz.jpg

I do know that the clear plastic cursor for the fence is no longer made.  I had to replace mine about 6 years ago and the one I found online was a mirror image of mine, th mounting holes were on the other side.  Apparently they changed them recently.  So if this one is damaged you will need to make your replacement.

17 minutes ago, freedhardwoods said:

I think I'm going to pass on it. I have enough to do already without overhauling machinery right now.

This is the ad if anyone else is interested. https://indianapolis.craigslist.org/tls/5956738804.html

Looks like that's a different saw.  $2500 for that one and it's in great shape!  I'm in Indianapolis as well.  I'll look at any of your sloppy seconds!  LOL

Couple of notes:

1) the table isnt backwards - those saws came with a "left tilt" or "right tilt" option on the blade. This model is "right tilt" which means that the blade tilts towards the fence (opposite of most saws)

2) the fence is a Delta Unifence which was a more expensive option than the Biesemeyer. I had a Unifence for several years and it is a nice fence

3) this is a "Tilting Arbor" which was a less expensive cousin to the unisaw. That is the reason why it is only 2HP. It has lighter trunnions than a Unisaw and that is also why it has a stamped steel wing. This was one of the first "hybrid saws" that fits between a true cabinet saw and a contractor saw

If it was a Unisaw, $350 would be a steal. I have a Unisaw that I bought used 12 years ago and it still runs great

• Like 1