Wall Cabinet for Bathroom

bushwacked

I am going to need to build a new wall cabinet for our bathroom because we have a huge open wall and are running low on space. For the most part it would hold the basics ... towels and bathroom/shower stuff.

All the cabinets I see that I like are $200+ so I figured why not do it myself then and most likely save money and it be better quality.

I am not sure on a design yet ... nothing too crazy. Not sure if I want all open or doors or a mix of both. Maybe open on top and then a full slide out drawer on the bottom?

Wood - not sure either ... our bathroom is white/gray color combo. So nothing really stands out as being an amazing accent color so I think I am wide open for options. I was also thinking of nice plywood, maple or burch and just edge band a nice accent color on.

Finish ... will need to be water/steam proof since it is in the bathroom. Recommendations on that? ARS? 

• Like 1

i like the idea of open top shelves with a drawer or two on the bottom, open for towels and washcloths ect. and drawers to keep small stuff like medicine and things that would get lost on an open shelf. plywood would be ok if you were not going to stain it as we all know maple and birch are a PIA to stain. white/grey..maybe walnut, something darker for contrast.

Got a little more done on this. Got an idea sketched out.

d6dda7e8cb2adaf0613bf849e25affde.jpg

It will be going here above the ironing board.

3af5f38c37bc396c47f9dd40a423817d.jpg

Although I talked to the wife and she was wanting something light which in her world means white and so it looks like the wood of choice for this build will be the wonderful species of poplar

All in all it looks to be around 50BF of poplar which I can hopefully get picked up this week and let it get acclimated for a week or so. No work this weekend since it's the wife's birthday haha.

I will be posting a journal once I go buy the wood.