New Forrest WW2 issue/question

Curtis

Looking for some help with a new WWII 40t combo blade.  I have 1.5hp SS and have used the lights out of the factory blade with good results.  Just decided to upgrade for the heck of it to the Forrest and see how she would run as I made 6 large picture frames out of some hard maple.  It is burning like crazy on rip cuts!  ???   On the same piece of wood, I ran the WWII, which had a lot of burning/scorching. Then I popped it out, put back in my cleaned factory blade, and there was a small amount of burning, but nothing compared the WWII.  Any ideas why I would be getting so much more burning with this nice brand new $$ blade.  The stock is only 3/4 in thick, and I have the blade up high, pushing it through as fast as it will take it.  Also getting blade/teeth marks on the cut.  Also, both are standard kerf.  THanks!

The WWII does tend to have tighter side clearances than some blades, which can lead to increased burning, plus maple burns pretty easily, but 3/4" should be fine.  Raising the blade should help, but you've already done that.  Given that the stock blade is performing better, assuming you've checked alignment and setup, I suspect there may be an issue with the Forrest blade.  I'd contact them and see what they say.

• Like 1

I'll add that a 40 tooth blade would not be my choice for ripping burn-prone material.  Sine the stock blade (which is pretty average) has served you well, it may be that it has not shown some alignment issues that a more precision cutter would show. 

As knottscott stated, the geometry of he WWII is different than your stock blade.  The WWII is a "one size fits all" blade that by design, has to compromise all tasks somewhat in order to have a wider use capability.

• Like 1