The inadvertent Workmate collection

collinb

They've shown themselves to be so useful to me that I pick them up when I see them. Up to 9 now.

But only the older ones, though not just the oldest. (The better of the new models weigh more and don't stand well on edge when folded.)

Latest find is a Type 2 with 2 items I've never seen before: Vise Cladding on top and outlet strip on the side.

wm1b.jpg

wm2b.jpg

wm3b.jpg

How I use them:

1. When wife doing the spray painting of our kitchen cabinets I put boards across them as tables for the cabinet sections. Much more stable than a simple horse.

2. Since I don't have a nice bench with a vise these do the trick.

3. Also as a shop bench (for assembly) I lay a hollow-core door across two of them. Lots of working space and stable.

3.1 If I'm working on the top of something I just fold the legs down underneath. Can't do that with a sawhorse.

In reality I only need 8 so could sell one of them.  I like 4 in the shop and the other 4 for a time when wife needs to do more painting while I'm in the shop. At the prices they sell for I don't mind the space.

• Like 2

Just making use of them.

At one time I took a couple of plywood pieces & spliced them together to make a work table. Didn't work out so well. I saved the top, of course.  Now I've added an off-center block that can be clamped in the workmate for a new work surface. Folds up, fits most anywhere.

wt1.jpg

wt2.jpg