Next tool to buy?

Mikkimel

So, with tax return season upon us, I'm allowed to buy one new tool.  My budget is around $500-$750.

I have lots of tools already, table saw, lathe, bandsaw, planet, jointer, routers, dust collection, drill press, spindle sanders, as well as assorted hand tools.

So the question is, what would you buy next?

yoi 

Do you have a router table?

The Ridgid edge spindle sander is a great tool for only $200.

Do you build bigger projects? A Fuji Mini Mite would be a nice addition. 

Download the Lee Valley catalog and start flipping through it for ideas. That $750 will be gone by page 3! 

Right now lee valley has free shipping until February 21st.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm with Chet K. I have a tool fund and I no longer purchase tools until needed for a project. I also keep a tool wish list in Excel that I add items to. Most of what goes on eventually gets purchased but several have come off as well. I started using hand tools a couple years ago and a great example is bench planes. I started with a WR 5 1/2 fully expecting to get a whole compliment but after working with them most of the ones I thought I would get I haven't and several specialty planes have made there way into my shop. Most of which are small hand planes, my WR 5 1/2 is still my most used all around plane. I did purchase a LN bronze 4 smoother last summer that I love but it had been on the wish list for over a  year :) 

DC, 2nd router, saw blade upgrades, etc. 

Yeah. +1 on the saw blades. Any power tool will perform better with a better cutter.

If you use the lathe a lot you might upgrade your lathe tools or chuck.

If you only use a combo table saw blade maybe get a high quality crosscut and a real good rip blade.

No one hand saw, hand plane, table saw blade, bandsaw blade, etc will ever be the best tool for every job. Do you get mediocre results when you do a specific job? Which job is most difficult? Get something to make that job easier, quicker, or to achieve better results. That's the best upgrade you can do!

Sent from my woodshop using duct tape, twine, and a bit of sawdust.

Thanks for all the input folks.

i like the idea of upgrading blades and stuff. If I did that, and got some new stuff to sharpen blades with, as well as a chuck, and a router table I'll be in good shape.

I learned that a little bit ago. Sometimes it's better to upgrade the shop

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk