Hello from Lincolnshire & The Norfolk Broads

Timbo

Welcome to the Forum ! 

I had to fit a couple of cabinets into a small airplane once. The floor and wall curved and tapered due to the cabinets going in the tail end of the cabin. So I have great sympathy for your tasks in fitting out the galley. I scribed templates for each side of both cabinets. Several trips back and forth to the small airfield were required just to get the templates right. 

• Like 1

Welcome aboard, Tim! Glad you can join us during your breaks from all your projects.

I'm impressed with your restoration work. I managed a charter sailboat fleet for two years, hulls were made of dried snot instead of dead trees, but all the interior work and retrofitting is very, very familiar to me. Sometimes restoration solutions have to be wildly creative, with all kinds of compromises along the way. That boat interiors end up looking decent (for the most part) is a small miracle.

As I'm sure you're finding out, previous owner modifications leave you scratching your head and going, "What were they thinking, and why did they do it that way?" There's lots of well-intentioned but totally clueless boat owners out there, and undoing what's been done is nearly half the job.

And congrats on continuing to move forward in spite of the strokes. You could have picked an easy hobby like watching TV and yelling at the evening news, but I think this one will be better for your blood pressure in the long run. When you need a break you can sit back and dream of how cool the boat will look floating lazily down a canal.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...