Inca Bandsaw 33" table top bandsaw

treesner

Anyone know anything about these bandsaws? I've been looking for a table top bandsaw that also has a deep throat and found this Inca Bandsaw 342.186 with 33 blades for 650$. I had been looking into the laguna 14-12 but a deeper thrust would be great for my line of work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a 10.5" bandsaw.  I have one, great piece of gear.  If you are talking about the Inca 3 wheeled bandsaw, that's also a great piece of gear. It has a very deep throat, but can't resaw like the Laguna.  $650 is not a bad price for the three wheeled saw.  If I saw one, I'd probably buy it.

That's a 10.5" bandsaw.  I have one, great piece of gear.  If you are talking about the Inca 3 wheeled bandsaw, that's also a great piece of gear. It has a very deep throat, but can't resaw like the Laguna.  $650 is not a bad price for the three wheeled saw.  If I saw one, I'd probably buy it.

I'm not sure if it's 3 wheel but it seems super deep throated. At this point I'm mainly cutting large curves out of 3/4 plywood and cutting out seats that are 8/4 hardwood. Don't think I need the resaw of laguna but the laguna seems like a very quality saw

ccc77775ada215132a114da6632c6485.jpg

ad55f2addc284a89211899d3d9cc2e5b.jpg

They have one rebuilt bandsaw of that model for $815.

Band saw INCA Euro260 With manual, guide, Fully reconditioned machine Model maker ... mainly used to cut thin pieces of wood CUT PRECISION Machine fully reconditioned with the user's manual. Warranty 6 months Reclining table 45 ° passage gooseneck 44cm height max 15.5cm Table 32 + 32cm flying diameter 260mm Motor power 0.45kW Blade length 1865-1875mm blade width: from 3 to 16mm Blade thickness 0.4 to 0.65 Mm 1000t / mn Total machine height without support = 880mm depth 550mm Overall width = 520mm With a new 16mm blade in place. If you like woodworking and are passionate, this machine will surpass new machine (made in China today) and today it surpasses all the machine in this respect, traditional European engineering quality first Inca machines made in the years 1918 in Swiss. Usine moved to France in 1975, in the Vosges. MULTICO bought INCA in 2005 @@@@@ evaluation of INCA users @@@@@@@@@ "When I bought my Inca tools their reputation was as good if not better than Felder and Festool today. They were incredibly precise tools well-built for carpenters who really wanted a precise job. "The finish of this machine leaves on the wood is incredible.Le legend is well deserved.The Inca is almost legendary for its quality and smooth finish It's almost like having a Jaguar E-Type or Martin D-28. You have to live up to the legend. Does the Inca live up to its reputation? Possible throughout Europe The simplicity of design combined with high mechanical quality

That model is a 10.5" saw. I paid $600 for my 20" model 710 with a couple of blades. If I came across a good deal on the smaller saw I snap it up. They are great machines.

It sounds like you may be confusing the resaw capacity with the width capacity. That model is a 10.5" saw, meaning it will rip to the center of a 21" panel. The under blade height (resaw capacity) is 6". 

The image at the top of this page shows the difference between the Inca 340 (10.5" saw) and 710.  From what you've described, you'd be happier with the 710.

http://incamachines.com/english/

I've never been able to resaw much above 4" with mine.  If you move the guard "all the way up", you have about 5.75 inches to play with, but the largest blade you can use on that machine is only 1/2 inch, so it's a bit much to ask it to do that.

I have nothing to which I can compare parts prices.  I've had my 340 since 1996.  The only time I ever needed a part was when I replaced the cool blocks it had with ceramic, and those cost the same as every other saw.  The bearings are standard, and can be bought at any bearing supply shop.  Jesse at Eagle Tools is a great resource.  

I also own an Inca 2200 table saw, so I'm happy with their build quality and precision.

That model is a 10.5" saw. I paid $600 for my 20" model 710 with a couple of blades. If I came across a good deal on the smaller saw I snap it up. They are great machines.

It sounds like you may be confusing the resaw capacity with the width capacity. That model is a 10.5" saw, meaning it will rip to the center of a 21" panel. The under blade height (resaw capacity) is 6". 

Aw thanks for the clarification, for some reason I was thinking it could rip much deeper than that. That 710 looks about what I'd want. Small bench top saw that I could easily move when changing rental houses and still cut really deep curves. Now the tricky part of finding one..

The image at the top of this page shows the difference between the Inca 340 (10.5" saw) and 710.  From what you've described, you'd be happier with the 710.

http://incamachines.com/english/

I've never been able to resaw much above 4" with mine.  If you move the guard "all the way up", you have about 5.75 inches to play with, but the largest blade you can use on that machine is only 1/2 inch, so it's a bit much to ask it to do that.

I have nothing to which I can compare parts prices.  I've had my 340 since 1996.  The only time I ever needed a part was when I replaced the cool blocks it had with ceramic, and those cost the same as every other saw.  The bearings are standard, and can be bought at any bearing supply shop.  Jesse at Eagle Tools is a great resource.  

I also own an Inca 2200 table saw, so I'm happy with their build quality and precision.

Thanks for the photo that helps, yeah I'd love to have that rip capability of the 710!

11 hours ago, treesner said:

Aw thanks for the clarification, for some reason I was thinking it could rip much deeper than that. That 710 looks about what I'd want. Small bench top saw that I could easily move when changing rental houses and still cut really deep curves. Now the tricky part of finding one..

Thanks for the photo that helps, yeah I'd love to have that rip capability of the 710!

The 710 is not a benchtop bandsaw. It weighs 150 lbs without the stand and is about 36" x 34" x 22" without the stand.

On 2/21/2017 at 8:03 PM, micks said:

The 710 is not a benchtop bandsaw. It weighs 150 lbs without the stand and is about 36" x 34" x 22" without the stand.

Yes... it would take up quite some room, but still be relatively easy to move.

On 2/21/2017 at 8:04 AM, treesner said:

Check out the Inca Tools group in the Yahoo Groups.  One just went up for sale, I think around $800.  Call Jesse at Eagle Tools, he may know of something.  I found my 2200 Table saw on eBay.  They were originally sold by Garrett Wade back when Garrett Wade sold real tools, and Eagle Tools was their west coast supplier.  I've learned that a lot of woodworkers who had nice tools in the 80s and 90s are now passing on, and their families are selling their things.  They are out there.  

3 hours ago, Don Z. said:

Yes... it would take up quite some room, but still be relatively easy to move.

The saw is relatively easy to move across the shop since I have mine on casters. If you're talking about moving it from one shop to another, no. It took 3 men to load mine up in a large SUV. The OP referred to it as "Small bench top saw that I could easily move when changing rental houses".  Not so much.

Are you near WA? I have an INCA 710 I'm considering selling. Excellent condition and comes with many blades, riser block for 10" resaw capacity, extra bearings, original fence and miter gauge. No rust, been in a climate controlled environment it's whole life besides this last year it's been in my garage shop.

• 3 months later...

I own an Inca Euro 260 bandsaw. Here in Europe, we pay way less than in the US. I bought my fully operational one 150€ (<$170).

It's a well made bandsaw from the 80s with no known issue. No modern features : safety switch, fast tensioning, brake or so.
The cast iron table is too small and I had to expand it (left, right and back). It worth the price through.
The dust collection is not really efficient and whatever the power of your vacuum 20% of the saw dust will stay inside.
You need to clear the dust frequently, and the opening is not very handy neither fast.
It's also a hobby bandsaw with a small motor. The maximum sawing height is about 6" (150mm) BUT...
don't expect to resaw hardwood over 4" (100mm) easily.
I had a really hard time to manage to resaw  5" (125mm) dry beech, and my brand new resawing blade did not help that much.
It was not built for large resaw abilities anyway. You need too be patient and focused on feed and path permanently.

I thought about changing the motor for at least a 1hp motor but it won't make the Inca a resawing beast anyways.
My opinion is this is a trusty bandsaw until you don't expect too much from it.
If you're into jewelry boxes, or hobby small pieces woodworking it will be perfect.
But if, like me, you mostly build general furniture, it's too small for the job.

I'm looking forward a bigger bandsaw, at least 14" (355mm) >1hp bandsaw with a brake.

IMG_0689.JPG

IMG_0690.JPG

• 2 years later...