Toy Plans

Jon Kunkel

Jon, one of the members here turned me onto www.woodstore.net. I've purchased several of their plans and kits for my little nephew. These are mostly boy toys, no, really! Trucks and bull dozers etc.. the plans are just that, and the kits include wheels, etc. if you want a challenge and a toy that is much appreciated, try one, then ready to purchase more. Good luck bud with your recovery!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, wdwerker said:

All of Rodgers toys look good for boys and girls. Lots of them would be good to share.

Pretty sure a M1 tank won't fit in an AC-130 gunship. They have built them in  Marietta for over 60 years.

Definately won't fit in the gunship, it might fit in a standard C-130, fit is one thing though, being able to lift it is another.  Sucker weighs 68 tons.  Apparently only the c-17 and c-5 can carry them,  but the C-130 can only carry around 30 some tons.  

6 hours ago, Rapid Roger said:

I have made so many toys and games for my grandchildren over the years that it is hard to know where to start.

Those blocks. I made a pile of them, but 3" x 6" & dyed them primary colors with food coloring. So easy & it's ridiculous how many years those kids played with them. Even well beyond when you'd think kids would play with blocks.

I want to thank everyone for their responses, although new to this forum, you guys are great.  I have been looking through some of the sites suggested and it all looks good. I am frustrated with not being able to pick up a long board mostly get shorts of mostly hardwoods although I did get some possum wood at least that is what the guy said it was, it is a softwood from Africa.  The smile on the kids face when I give them a simple made toy makes my day.  I have sold most of my original shop tools and went to some micromark ones as they are smaller and easier for me to use right now. Bought a shopsmith used from a fleamarket used but well taken care of, and a bunch of their accessories  that attach to it.  Doing mostly tuneups and squaring the fences or blades this coming week.  I do miss making furniture but now am figuring out my limitations and truly love woodworking.  I do most of the pushing of wood with my right hand as my left one I am still afraid I may cut myself as I hear my wife tell me to watch out all the time.  I will just keep on sawing, thanks for the words of encouragement.  If anyone wants to contact me my email is jonkunkel@comcast.net

• Like 1