Summer Build

Charger

post-80-071451100 1280878058_thumb.jpgHello all fellow woodworkers. Well I have been finally able to get out into my shop. The heat and humidity has left us for now so I went back to work on the summer Guild Build. After milling some White Oak for the legs and cutting all the M & T's, AKA,PITAS, I was able to set the side panels into place and get both sides glued up. Today I was out there working on the back Styles and Rails. Man I'll tell you all something. Be prepared to do allot of dry fitting and cutting on this one. After five or so hours I finally got the back all dry fitted and to my surprise it all fit. Not bad for a guy with very little vision in both eyes. I have posted some pictures of the unit sitting on my assembly table standing up. It is not glued up yet but the sides are. I will probably be back into the shop tomorrow to do the drawer frames. I'm still figuring out how I'm going to assemble this step. Should I Glue the frames all up then try to fit them in or assemble as I insert the pieces. Let me know how you people are planning this step. Hope you like what you see, Cause I sure do. Have fun and remember, "Keep Making That Sawdust". Lance,,,aka" Charger"

For more pictures see my Gallery Album

The links aren't working, Lance. You have "pretty-fied" links with ellipsis for part of the URL instead of the real raw URL.

Also, when you get the real URLs, click "Insert Picture" (2 buttons to the right of the smiley) and put the URL there; it will hot-link the picture here.

The links aren't working, Lance. You have "pretty-fied" links with ellipsis for part of the URL instead of the real raw URL.

Also, when you get the real URLs, click "Insert Picture" (2 buttons to the right of the smiley) and put the URL there; it will hot-link the picture here.

Ok I'll fix it

Looking good Charger!

Marc, is there a way to make the lightbox pics resize to the user's screen? i.e when I click on Charger's pic, it pops up, but I have to scroll to see the whole pic. You should be able to make it so it will resize according to the size of the user's screen res. Works well on TWH. just a suggestion dude.

Looking good Charger!

Marc, is there a way to make the lightbox pics resize to the user's screen? i.e when I click on Charger's pic, it pops up, but I have to scroll to see the whole pic. You should be able to make it so it will resize according to the size of the user's screen res. Works well on TWH. just a suggestion dude.

Actually that's not a setting in this software. There might be a mod out there for it but it doesn't do it right out of the box.

I hope that you all have looked at the pictures in My Gallery. The Chest of Drawers is dry assembled on my table. I still have to make the very bottom drawer frame for it. This is allot of work people. But it looks likes it's going to be well worth it.

I hope that you all have looked at the pictures in My Gallery. The Chest of Drawers is dry assembled on my table. I still have to make the very bottom drawer frame for it. This is allot of work people. But it looks likes it's going to be well worth it.

I read this as I am procrastinating. I should be in the shop working on mine right now and you are not helping Charger. :)

Well what are you waiting for, A special invitation? Get your young butt out there now sonny boy. LAMO Well you'll catch up I'm sure. Looks like I won't be able to get back out there till Friday. The heat and humidity is supposed to leave then.

Well what are you waiting for, A special invitation? Get your young butt out there now sonny boy. LAMO Well you'll catch up I'm sure. Looks like I won't be able to get back out there till Friday. The heat and humidity is supposed to leave then.

Just remember that Marc has to do everything that you do, plus make videos about it, and then do it alternate ways and make videos about that, too! Backwards, and in high heels!

And I have to say, after a full day of woodworking in high heels, my dogs are barkin'!

When Nicole's away, the Spag will play (dress up)...

It's gonna take some work to get that image out of my head; please don't admit you were wearing Victoria's pink feather boa... :o

Hey..Marc looks good in the pink boa, especially when he paints his toenails and wears the blood red pumps ;);o) :lol: ...dress to impress...or to horrify, whichever the case may be.

Lance, the build is looking good!!!

Thanks Mil. OK Guys, Let's get back on subject now. I'm wondering about something. How many of you out there are actually building the CoD right now and how far along are you at this date? Let me know , I'm very curious. As of today I have all the Guides and Runners made and the guides are glued in place. I have one drawer front made as well. Thanks Lance

Sorry Charger, I'll keep it serious from now on...ahem.

I'm not building the chest right now. I'm upgrading my shop this summer instead. Although I feel like I have already built the thing because of all the time I spent with marc on the plans. The thing is burned into my brain.