Big Print

JBaker

A friend sent me this piece of software a while ago, and it's genius.

It allows you to print a large image on to multipe pieces of paper, but supplies a grid system for lining them up, an ink-saver and much more than any other similar piece of software.

post-4321-0-88509600-1301226894_thumb.jp

It's useful for so many different things, but in paticular it's great for making sketchup models reality.

God, I sound like a salesman. Anyway, it's attached so give it a go.

Oh, and I forgot to add it's great for scaling things, regardless of size.

(someone claimed a problem with that file, so I put it on again)

BigPrint.zip

Hate to dampen your enthusiasm, but that program is written by Matthias Wandel of Woodgears fame. You can get the free evaluation program (probably the latest update) directly from his site where the non evaluation version can also be purchased.

Better just to provide the link because even if the evaluation version is free, I'm not sure you have the right to distribute it like this. Doesn't specifically say so on his site, but better safe than sorry. Unless, of course, your friend was Matthias Wandel.

I'm not trying to be funny (peculiar) nor nasty, it just makes things easier to get stuff from the source, and (being Windows) not get extra stuff either, such as viruses.

Thanks for pointing this program out, nonetheless,

John

• Like 2

Thanks John, I didn't know where the program came from but that is the evaluation version, so I didn't think it was wrong to spread it around.

My friend isn't Matthias, but I've heard of him, and a little googling just brought me back up to speed. Some of his stuff is really cool. What do more "traditional" woodworkers think of his pantorouter thingymajig? It looks cool, and it's kinda incra-esque, no?

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

A friend sent me this piece of software a while ago, and it's genius.

It allows you to print a large image on to multipe pieces of paper, but supplies a grid system for lining them up, an ink-saver and much more than any other similar piece of software.

post-4321-0-88509600-1301226894_thumb.jp

It's useful for so many different things, but in paticular it's great for making sketchup models reality.

God, I sound like a salesman. Anyway, it's attached so give it a go.

Oh, and I forgot to add it's great for scaling things, regardless of size.

(someone claimed a problem with that file, so I put it on again)

BigPrint.zip

can't download it

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 years later...