The Wonderful World of Niki's Jigs

jhl.verona

For the second time I have bumped into the forum posts of this man, Nikki Avrahami - this time I'll not let it slip by.

As if you needed to know, this has nothing to do with me, I have simply read throught the PDF of his works - most of which washed over me as I have no experience with much of the machinery. However, I am sure there are some who have not seen this, and it really is too good to keep for myself.

Unfortunately Niki (to use his avatar) passed away last year. Since then many of the photographs he produced have also disappeared, but fortunately another UKWorkshop member built a PDF file of his numerous jig threads in 2008. This is a 1200 page document, admittedly containing many comments from other forum members, but also containing extremely detailed photographic doumentation.

Being Polish, where the average monthly income is still perhaps not even a fifth of European or even less of American wages, he was able to produce excellent projects, for a very modest budget, using a series of jigs and fixtures that he built himself. Not all of his ideas were his own - as he was the first to point out - but this document (IMHO) beats the pants off a lot of published books. Of course he happily gave all of this information for free - a true woodworker, he just enjoyed sharing.

I'd like to ensure that this excellent document is not lost forever in the ether, but it is way above the maximum limit for the forum. So please take a moment to read the thread which catalogues these marvelous jigs: http://ukworkshop.co...%20nikis%20jigs

The PDF is downloadable from http://yourhome.org.uk/The_Wonderful_Wo ... s_Jigs.pdf

John

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...