new router help, help

t-bone

HI everyone, just got my new incra- router table. I am new at this i have everything built but i have a question, four round metal discs i know they go in the plate and i have one already in the plate but why are there 4 one is a blank disc, one is like a ring, one is the one i have in the plate with a hole in it about 1 to 2 " hole the other one that came with the unit,i can't remmber but i think it has a tiny hole. So thats it any help would be helpful

Please note that this is a safety feature of the insert plate. A very dangerous situation can be created if a small piece gets trapped between the opening and the spinning bit. This can easily result in a projectile be shot across the shop, or worse.

I am assuming the blank is to allow for a custom made opening, or for closing up the opening if for some reason the table surface is being used for another purpose.

• Like 1

Please note that this is a safety feature of the insert plate. A very dangerous situation can be created if a small piece gets trapped between the opening and the spinning bit. This can easily result in a projectile be shot across the shop, or worse.

I am assuming the blank is to allow for a custom made opening, or for closing up the opening if for some reason the table surface is being used for another purpose.

thank you so much, you probably saved me from injury

Yup, the blank one is for a custom cut; since my router table is in the table saw extension wing, I use the blank to plug the hole. I have a Woodpeckers router plate; very similar to the Incra except the rings lock down differently. You'll notice that they lock when turned counter-clockwise so if a bit nicks them, it moves the ring to tighten, not loosen and fly off (but that's not what Mike was referring to).