Long Island?

Dyami Plotke

Hi! I'm Jack and I live in East Setauket. I'm really just getting started in woodworking but I have this awesome cottage on my property. I put my shop in there two years ago. Currently I'm working on a workbench, a birdbath and finishing the cottage before winter. It's historic (circa 1700!, crooked and needs insulation, walls etc. Just gonna put up beaded paneling for the walls upstairs. I already put in wide plank walls where the old ones were taken out. Check out my Gallery. It has a few of my smaller projects and pictures of the workshop.

Hi! I'm Jack and I live in East Setauket. I'm really just getting started in woodworking but I have this awesome cottage on my property. I put my shop in there two years ago. Currently I'm working on a workbench, a birdbath and finishing the cottage before winter. It's historic (circa 1700!, crooked and needs insulation, walls etc. Just gonna put up beaded paneling for the walls upstairs. I already put in wide plank walls where the old ones were taken out. Check out my Gallery. It has a few of my smaller projects and pictures of the workshop.

Hey, Jack. Sorry I haven't replied sooner. Any chance you'd like to meet-up some time? I'm in Islip. Though I don't always have the time, I'm always in the mood to stand around and talk woodworking.

• 5 months later...

Whenever is clever, I just so happen to be out of work right now so I have nothing but time, let me know when's a good time for you.

I work about 55 to 60 hours a week and have 3 small kids so time is a bit more hectic for me. How would the weekend of 2/19 be for you? I'll have to wait and see what my wife's work schedule is, but I should be able to swing something that weekend.

O man, the 19th is my birthday, which is that saturday, and that sunday my band has a show, its more of a daytime kinda thing, so that weekend is kind of jam packed for me, party party haha. The following weekend I am heading down to Georgia for about 3 weeks to get some hands on experience with guitar building and repair work which I am absolutely thrilled about.

Woodworking ShowsGuys,

Sorry to suggest this weekend, and then dissapear for the discussion. Unfortunately, I'm not going to be able to make it (way too much going on at home & work).

Would the weekend of March 4, 5 & 6 work for either of you? I'll have to double check with my wife exactly what our plans are, but I should be able to find some time free that weekend.

Also, anyone heading to the Woodworking Shows in Somerset, NJ on 2/25?

Sorry guys, Ill be in Georgia still, but I heard theres a woodworking show in Atlanta, I wanna look into it to see when it is and if my uncle will want to go, that would be neat, I haven't been to a show yet.

Freddie,

Hope you can catch the show. There are better ones around, but the Woodworking Shows appears to have recently upped their game (new ownership) so it'll make a great intro to the world of woodworking shows if you can make it.