Build Update

Just thought you guys might like to see where the project is in real time. Obviously I need to be a little ahead of the videos. The sides are glued up as sub-assemblies and the divider supports are installed. I attached the back and front rails in a dry assembly and the next step is to create the web frames, notch the corners, and then the case can be glued up. Moving right along.

post-1-078172300 1281052352_thumb.jpg

Marc,

Thanks for the pic...the contrasting woods are gonna pop when the finish goes on! I'm watching the build (with enthusiasm, I might add) but can't participate due to completing a desk and starting two 'country kitchen tables' of reclaimed pine for ma femme. I do, however, plan to come back and build the chest later this year. Good stuff...thanks for all you do.

Mike

That's looking very nice, Marc. I've been enjoying the C. Neil videos and, while I very much appreciate his talent and the great learning experience the videos provide, I like your design SO much more. But, of course, that's just my personal taste anyway.

Hey Mark not sure if you meant to do this, but I'm not a guild member(yeah I know I should be), but I can see the guild member section of the forums. Just letting you know in case you wanted it to be part of the membership for guildies.