Pacific Northwest Woodworkers

45 posts in this topic

Posted

If you get your sense of directions from looking which way "The Mountian" is then this is your fourm. Also I'm looking into taking a class this fall from Port Townsend school of woodworking is anyone else planning on attending?

post-621-053636200 1282133070_thumb.jpg

Posted

Nice, Sam! You'll have to let me know which class you take and how it goes. I'm jealous!!!

Posted

Nice man!! What class are you going to be taking? How is going to be the teacher? I would love to take a class but I am cut off for just about anything right now..

Posted

Just saying "HI"

As you may be able to tell, I am in Puyallup. I am self taught and I would love to take some woodworking classes too. Where is every one at????

Posted

I'm in Pasco, Brett.

Posted

I'm in Pasco, Brett.

Well it's nice to meet you Vic! If you are ever over on the west side of the mountains, stop in for a cup of coffee and we can talk shop!

Posted

Just saying "HI"

As you may be able to tell, I am in Puyallup. I am self taught and I would love to take some woodworking classes too. Where is every one at????

I'm here in Yelm Brett.

Posted

I'm here in Yelm Brett.

Hi Sam! I see that you are looking into a WW class at Port Townsends school. I looked at their schedule, what class do you plan on taking? I sounds like a lot of fun. I hope to see you around. If you are ever in the Puyallup area, stop in!

Brett

Posted

I'm over in Bellevue, or as the rest of the world refers to it, Seattle. I'm always up for project days if anyone cares to stop by.

Posted

I'm over in Bellevue, or as the rest of the world referres to it, Seattle. I'm always up for project days if anyone cares to stop by.

That's so true. People get confused when they see pictures of my place. "Aren't you in Washington?" Yes, the dry side. lol

Posted

I'm over in Bellevue, or as the rest of the world refers to it, Seattle. I'm always up for project days if anyone cares to stop by.

Hmm, that offer is reason enough to consider the place. Oh, and the coffee.

viall8r likes this

Posted

Hi Sam! I see that you are looking into a WW class at Port Townsends school. I looked at their schedule, what class do you plan on taking? I sounds like a lot of fun. I hope to see you around. If you are ever in the Puyallup area, stop in!

Brett

I'd want to take one of the beginning woodturning classes in OCT This requires a pass getting approved.

Posted

That's so true. People get confused when they see pictures of my place. "Aren't you in Washington?" Yes, the dry side. lol

You'd really baffel them at a summer weather report /110F.

Posted

You'd really baffel them at a summer weather report /110F.

lol..yes, I do.

Posted

I'd want to take one of the beginning woodturning classes in OCT This requires a pass getting approved.

OCT??? Not sure what that means. I'm in Seattle .. so no Seattle bashing. :P

Posted

OCT??? Not sure what that means. I'm in Seattle .. so no Seattle bashing. :P

I plan on taking one of Bonnie's turnning classes at Port Townsend School of Woodworking in October. I'm Active Duty so I need a Pass to travel that far away from Ft. Lewis for the weekend (it also means that I won't have duty then). I'm born and raised in Kent myself, moved to Yelm after serving in Germany and Hawaii.

Posted

I plan on taking one of Bonnie's turnning classes at Port Townsend School of Woodworking in October. I'm Active Duty so I need a Pass to travel that far away from Ft. Lewis for the weekend (it also means that I won't have duty then). I'm born and raised in Kent myself, moved to Yelm after serving in Germany and Hawaii.

Where were you stationed in Germany? My wife is from Unter-Balbach Lauda.

Posted

Where were you stationed in Germany? My wife is from Unter-Balbach Lauda.

I was stationed in Buedingen, Hesse. near Hanau, Frankfurt

Posted

I plan on taking one of Bonnie's turnning classes at Port Townsend School of Woodworking in October.

There's a woodworking school in Port Townsend?? Wow, now I just have to figure out how to talk my boss into doing some long term work over there.

Posted

There's a woodworking school in Port Townsend?? Wow, now I just have to figure out how to talk my boss into doing some long term work over there.

http://www.ptwoodschool.com/Home.html

My wife took a "woodworking for women teaser" class She learned a lot they have a great staff and school.

Posted

Marilyn. Seth Rolland sometimes teaches there. Check out his work!! http://sethrolland.com/

Posted

http://www.ptwoodschool.com/Home.html

My wife took a "woodworking for women teaser" class She learned a lot they have a great staff and school.

Thanks for the info, it looks great!

Posted

Marilyn. Seth Rolland sometimes teaches there. Check out his work!! http://sethrolland.com/

Wow!

Posted

I just moved to Oak Harbor from San Diego. Anyone know a good hardwood dealer within 50 miles.

James