Pacific Northwest Woodworkers

SamV

Edensaw, Port Townsend - http://www.edensaw.com/contact.asp

Crosscut & Compton, seattle (maybe too far?) http://www.crosscuthardwoods.com/

PS. Welcome to the NW Handtool School com-padre!

Thanks Marilyn! I have heard of edensaw but I think I have to take the ferry over to PT and not sure how I would get the wood back. I will look into it. Thanks again!

James

Thanks Marilyn! I have heard of edensaw but I think I have to take the ferry over to PT and not sure how I would get the wood back. I will look into it. Thanks again!

James

I highly reccomend Edensaw. I have been twice and each time I come home with some crazy deals. My VS drill press was on special, and I picked up some ebony pegs and a short of Hickory to make a nice bowsaw frame. I have always checked out and come away like I stole the place, but it all fits in my Jetta so there is plenty left.

Viall8r

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I surprise we have other people close to me. I am up in Sandpoint Idaho. Do all sorts of woodworking professional with my father. And starting Mid July will be doing a lot of fine CNC woodworking, a new super nice 5 axis CNC that we ordered.

Hello.  Hows it going Sgmdwk?.  I havnt seen much action in this thread unfortunately.  I am in Spokane, Wa.  What type of woodworking do you do?

Nyles

Nyles, what type of wood working do you do?

• 1 month later...

Jens,  I do alot of hybrid woodworking.  Mostly small prokjects at the moment.  Its been a few months since I even stepped into the shop honestly since i started school this summer... what was i thinking going to school over the summer?

Anyways,  welcome Jens.  Always nice to see more pacific NW people.

Nyles

• 5 months later...

Old forum new tricks.  I've been a shipwright for 13 years and now delving into furniture.  Living in Port Townsend has been a ideal location because of access to Edensaw.  Not to mention all the great craftspeople in town, it really makes you bring your "A game",  and their creating more with the excellent classes at PT School of Woodworking and NW School of Wooden Boatbuilding.  With an upcoming Furniture Society Conference this year in PT, look for more from us.post-14725-0-31937900-1388598309_thumb.jpost-14725-0-95252700-1388598337_thumb.jpost-14725-0-52606700-1388598387_thumb.jpost-14725-0-27817100-1388598404_thumb.j

I am in Oak Harbor, just a short ferry trip over the PT. I love PT, I always turn it into a family trip with my wife and little one. We go to Edensaw, walk around the downtown area and have lunch at Public House!

I really want to take a class the PT School of Woodworking. 

• 9 months later...

Figured I'd say "hi" over here as well. I just posted on the Intro Yourself board (). I'm specifically in the Greenwood/Phinney Ridge area of Seattle.

Anyone else in the area have a favorite place to get wood where they'll mill down to thickness for you? I think Compton is the only place. I've got some projects that require 1/2" stock, and I'm going through the 'should I try to dive into buying a planer and jointer' phase. For now, I wouldn't mind just paying extra.

I'm about 85 miles North of you so, my options probably wouldn't work too well for you..

You might spend a few bucks on a lunch box planer.  They tend to hold their value pretty well so, if you decide this isn't for you, you're not out much money..

• 2 months later...

Seems this Forum's not as popular as some of the others.

Mike here from So-Cal specificaly Anaheim, not to far from Disneyland. I know there are more woodworkers out there, I used to work a Sears and got to talk to quite a few. That was some years back, but even back then they had computers.

• 10 months later...