Done!

I gave myself a deadline to finish the chairs by this weekend and I made it! Here is a link to some finial photos. I had meant to take more pictures along the way, but just didn't have the time. I'm really happy with how they came out. They are very comfortable to sit in. The wood is White Oak, and I went with the Penofin finish. The finish gave the oak a nice golden color, which my wife and I really like. We will see how it holds up to being outside.

https://picasaweb.go...AdirondackChair

Mike

Nicely done! You'll have to keep us posted on how they hold up outdoors. Should be interesting to see how everyone's finishes age.

Thanks Marc. Maybe we can come back in a year and review how things have fared for everyone. I'm also planning to get some covers to see if that will help preserve the wood.

Mike

Well done set of chairs!!! A very nice design you obviously put a lot of effort into with mock-ups and everything. Now go crack open a beer and watch the sunset from your patio or deck while you lounge in your new chairs. I hope to be joining you in spirit real soon in my set of chairs.

Thanks Jim. I didn't have time to beer test the chairs this last weekend, but that is the plan for this weekend!

Mike

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I used cardboard for the mock up. I've done this a few times now, and like using cardboard. Cardboard is fast and cheap. I've then mocked up other pieces of a project out of "cheaper" lumber, but I've never done a full scale mockup out of wood. I'm really looking for scale and proportion when I do a cardboard mockup. If I ever need to test comfort, for something like a chair, I might do a full scale wooden mockup.

Mike