Western NY Woodworkers

PeteJr

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hey Pete,

I'm new to the discussion. I live in Newark, NY about halfway between Rochester and Syracuse. Have you been to the new Rockler store in your area? The only woodworking store in our area is the Woodcraft store in Rochester. It's a good store with knowledgeable people on staff. They mail flyers every month and have an internet presence. I look forward to participating in Wood Talk.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hello Pete,

I'm in Rochester, and enjoy me some wood smithin'. I'm kind of a newb, but have a modest background in construction and carpentry. I spent some time in Buffalo a couple years back; great city and great people!

Perhaps we'll run across eachother hereabouts someday :)

-Jesse

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello,

I live in Buffalo (west side) and have been looking for woodworkers to connect with. I'm really interested in using hand tools(planes and such) and learning how to turn. I have been doing carpentry for some time now and I want to take it to the next level. If you or anyone you know is willing to take on a very eager apprentice or just show me a few things, even just sharpening your tools let me know. Hope to hear from someone soon!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Originally from Buffalo - Got tired of shoveling snow about 5 years ago though http://woodtalkonline.com/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/smile.gif

-gp

I saw one of your projects in a fine woodworking book. it said you were from depew. Yeah were all sick of snow. Lancaster here. Anyone have a good place for lumber in the area. Everything seems overpriced round here

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello Gents,

Lancaster Woodworker here! Just saying hi! There's a woodcraft in West Seneca? I've only known about the Rockler up in Williamsville. Can anyone tell me any decent resources for lumber in WNY? I'd prefer to not have to drive into the city on my days off if at all possible ;P

Matt

Advantage lumber on ohio street in Buffalo has some good deals on lumber also Niagara lumber in east aurora. Theres a guy in clarence that sells hardwoods Millershardwoods 10979 Keller Rd Clarence, New York 14031-1047 (716) 380-8494

• 1 month later...

Hey guys just joined the forum. I am from East Amherst and have been woodworking for about 4 years.  I get most of my lumber from a guy in cherry creek I think the place is called custom wood or something (716)-969-7132. His prices are much better than the big places.  

I am working on a table top right now. Does anybody know a place that has a drum sander to run it through? Thanks again. 

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

Hi,

Just happened upon this site, I'm from North Tonawanda ,NY. I have a sailboat with a stika spruce wood mast approximate length of 60 ft. It may need some repair where there may be dry rot. I need to have an experienced carpenter or boat-wright  take a look at the mast and if necessary  make scarfing repairs. Presently the mast is in storage. If anyone can can help or recommend someone that would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

Regards, John Keefe 716 316 1036 cell