Tiny Shop conversation

Jesse

Here are some recent pics. I built the red and blue cabinets out of old pallets. I love them. :) I have build threads on these on here. The bench is crap, just a top and 2by material for the frame, and it sags and wobbles. I am working on a new workbench, so this will end up in the trash pile. I've been able to make whatever I want in my shop, I'm more hindered by my ability to did time to be in my shop than it's size. Most of you know that although I prefer hand tools, I do use power tools. I suspect my hand tool use will increase after I finish my new bench. My ability to hold work had made me come up with some creative solutions. :) But manage. :)je7ysu7a.jpgpyqapeme.jpgsu2yse5e.jpgmamapeva.jpgamu7esep.jpg

OK, you wanted pics so you're only to blame.  :P

View from the entrance:

IMAG0661_zps55d8f67f.jpg

Left front:

IMAG0664_zps7d203875.jpg

Right front:

IMAG0663_zps512f6651.jpg

In my defense, I am in a bit of transition. I am dismantling my router table and I have a ton of scrap from it and from other disassemblies that I had to do to make room for some purchases such as the lathe. I should honestly rent a dumpster, because I can't burn it, I can't put it in the trash. I am designing a new folding router table, a lathe stand and a new set of cabinets. I have taken pictures of everything in the drawers of my current miter saw station to see what I'm using it for and how I can use it better.

Here are some recent pics. I built the red and blue cabinets out of old pallets. I love them. :) I have build threads on these on here. The bench is crap, just a top and 2by material for the frame, and it sags and wobbles. I am working on a new workbench, so this will end up in the trash pile. I've been able to make whatever I want in my shop, I'm more hindered by my ability to did time to be in my shop than it's size. Most of you know that although I prefer hand tools, I do use power tools. I suspect my hand tool use will increase after I finish my new bench. My ability to hold work had made me come up with some creative solutions. :) But manage. :)

Mel, I love your tool shelves. Thinking of painting my tool cabinet when I finally get around to building it.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

post-655-0-16812500-1396396413_thumb.jpg

Looking forward to the summer break, when I can finally get into my shop.  (Partially so I can figure out what's still in it...)

This is what it looks like after I move the bench out of the way...
post-655-0-09756700-1396396473_thumb.jpg

Um, here's mine. I took these pictures tonight after a basic cleanup. I was in the middle of working on a completely rotted out plywood boat box and my shop looked like a plywood bomb went off in it, splinters and big chunks everywhere! Biggest accomplishment tonight was adjusting machines to get unobstructed in feed and out feed room. The planer simply pulls straight off the wall to use then goes right back. After I finish the boat pieces, my plan is to build my tool cabinets to get my hand tools off the bench and onto the wall. After that is the out feed table. Then I have to make utility storage on the walls to get all the misc. crap off the floor and make things easier to locate. I never approached organization in the shop yet, and I don't know how I get as much done in there as I do.  :huh:

post-3732-0-44828500-1396411964_thumb.jp

post-3732-0-51420600-1396411972_thumb.jp

post-3732-0-31994900-1396411978_thumb.jp

Um, here's mine. I took these pictures tonight after a basic cleanup. I was in the middle of working on a completely rotted out plywood boat box and my shop looked like a plywood bomb went off in it, splinters and big chunks everywhere! Biggest accomplishment tonight was adjusting machines to get unobstructed in feed and out feed room. The planer simply pulls straight off the wall to use then goes right back. After I finish the boat pieces, my plan is to build my tool cabinets to get my hand tools off the bench and onto the wall. After that is the out feed table. Then I have to make utility storage on the walls to get all the misc. crap off the floor and make things easier to locate. I never approached organization in the shop yet, and I don't know how I get as much done in there as I do.  :huh:

Freddie, how come the new doors aren't hung in these photos? Did you scrap their use?

Freddie, how come the new doors aren't hung in these photos? Did you scrap their use?

Thats because the second one hasn't even started yet haha. I've been dizzy busy and I'm trying to finish up some customer work in the shop so I can find some time to work on my own personal stuff.

• Like 2