Getting a Handle on Things!

This really a nice desingn. I like the idea of showing small components, and techniques, that can be put together, or modified for personal projects. Maybe even a library of concepts, would be really interesting. Think of it as a repository of ideas and designs, almost like going to the store and looking for projects or hardware, a person could sort through a plethora of videos, and images for ideas. This might even be an interesting DVD with a lesson chapters for each one.

Really nice. Your little slide show in the guild meeting where you had a basic dresser with interesting pulls really called out how much of a difference these make. These have always been an afterthought for me...but no more...I have seen the light...err, drawer pulls!

That pulls looks great. If you swapped the curve from concave to convex you'd go from asian inspired to a more contemporary style, just by changing which way the curve goes.

That IS the sweet thing about design. A small tweak, attention to a particular detail,turns the drab or ordinary into art. Very nice, Marc!

(not that there is anything drab or ordinary about your chest of drawers design), but you get the picture. Obviously :)

Isn't a wine rack a little on the large side for a drawer pull? :rolleyes: Maybe it's just me....or maybe I'm just being obtuse. ;)

lol

Well someone asked about the handle holding up to years of abuse. Good question. I really have no idea. So I guess we'll find out. I was originally going to mortise the posts into the drawer front. But I think I'll simply attach them with screws. This way if the strips come loose, I can always remove the entire thing and come up with another design. If they hold, then its all good.

The handles and pulls are truly the icing on the cake. And depending on what flavor of icing you like, you can change the whole personality of the cake. So you can certainly add these curved pulls and I don't think they'd look out of place. But you can also take it in a more contemporary direction and simply have some nice long beveled pulls like this:

post-1-009298400 1282583938_thumb.png

(picture from Tom Buhl) The skies the limit on this stuff.