Milling off-site in western burbs of Chicago

wgeils

I am going to try to make the next guild project. However this project require a good deal of milling with tools I do not have. Does any one know where I might be able to bring my wood to have it properly milled?

I know in other areas there are shops that you can rent time on their equipment. Is there a place like that in our area?

Thanks

Wayne

You might want to try Wabonsie or ECC community colleges I know they used to have pretty extensive shop programs, where you could pay or donate something to get your wood milled, or a local high school if they still have a shop program. Where are you getting the wood from? Most of the local hardwood dealers will surface or mill one straight edge.

Seeing your in Geneva another option might be the Dupage or fox valley woodworking clubs, if that fails I might be able to help but I'm a distance away in Schaumburg.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wish I could help you out because I do have the tools (6" jointer, lunchbox planer, table saw) but not a lot of free time with wife in school and taking care of a 4 yr. old most of the weekend and nights. It's possible we could figure something out but not 100% sure.

• 4 weeks later...