delta 36-755 table saw

jimmykx250

• 5 months later...

im looking for info and reviews on a delta table saw model 36-755. I have only been able to find one review on my search so far? Any suggestions or does any one here own one? Thanks.

If you're still interested... I've had one for 17 years. It was a gift.... Okay, it's NOT a Unisaw. It's a contractor's saw on a cabinet base. it's got two horses and will bog down under heavy load. Moreover, because the mechanism was never meant to be enclosed in a cabinet, truing the blade is a major effort undertaken mostly by feel from underneath (loosen, tap, tighten, test, loosen, tap, tighten, test... all morning long). Notwithstanding, it's served me well and the only thing I've done is to replace the belt with a link-type flexible belt (yes, it runs smoother with the link belt). Of course, a good blade made all the difference and a rolling base made moving it a lot easier (it's about 280-290 pounds as I recall). I believe that it didn't have too much of a life in the model line as it didn't have the low price or high mobility of a contractor's saw or the power or rock solid trunnions of the Unisaw. It was made in the U.S.A., however!