Wood Suppliers & Mills (Canada and/or BC)

Stephens_Shop

I am hoping that this stimulates a few new contacts in terms of wood supplies for me and others. I currently use P.J. White Hardwood Ltd. in Vancouver for my supplies but I am trying to find other good sources of wood for our craft. I am interested in Hardwoods, Softwoods and Exotics but was thinking that there may be a few small mills and suppliers I am not aware of in the province or elsewhere in Canada that may offer better pricing, wood and variety.

Anyone care to share any awesome source finds?

Stephen.

• 4 months later...

Hi Stephen, too bad youre in Vancouver, we are in Hamilton ON & we have an awesome assortment of gorgeous reclaimed wood, oak, maple, pine & cedar from an old mennonite barn. We have great variety & wonderful pricing!

Greengirl...where exactly are you and what's the company? I'm in Toronto, I'd be willing to trek down to The Hammer for a good deal!

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Stephen, how is your experience at PJ White? I might visit them in Edmonton soon. In the past I had heard they only deal with pro shops, etc, and not hobbyists, so I have been avoiding them. Or, does anyone else have Canadian sources of online suppliers?

PS - This is my first post here, been following Marc and the forums for a few months now.

Thanks. Aaron.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Hey EverStudious, I always used Black Forest on 77Av SE Calgary - just a few blocks from Lee Valley. They may not be the cheapest place since they price their wood S3S, although you can always take it home rough if you want. They have a good selection of domestic and exotic wood, but it's a small concern so their stock is limited. One of their main target clientele is the hobbyist woodworker - so they are very helpful and friendly. They also host workshops and classes.

Hey EverStudious, I always used Black Forest on 77Av SE Calgary - just a few blocks from Lee Valley. They may not be the cheapest place since they price their wood S3S, although you can always take it home rough if you want. They have a good selection of domestic and exotic wood, but it's a small concern so their stock is limited. One of their main target clientele is the hobbyist woodworker - so they are very helpful and friendly. They also host workshops and classes.

Thanks. I'm aware of them so it helps knowing other ppl know more about them. What does S3S mean? Not entirely sure what it means.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk