One hour challenge I gave myself

JayWC

My wife said she'd like a business card holder to put by her cake pops at a craft fair/taste testing event. In order to push myself to truly see what I could do under time constraints, i gave myself one hour to fabricate something for her not including finishing time. I had no concept or design when going into the shop. So...I started the clock and 53 minutes later had this. To me it was a practice piece, but she loves it!

post-3726-0-26295200-1321377556_thumb.jp

post-3726-0-22183700-1321377577_thumb.jp

Paul, it was completely arbitrary. I was listening to the early WTO podcasts and they were talking about improving speed in the shop if you really want to make money on commissions. I thought to myself that this was an opportunity to pit a time budget against quality and aesthetic. It seemed like an opportunity to test what I think I can get done in comparison to reality. I was happy to be able to produce something "okay" in an hour, but wondering how the work stands up to the critique of my peers.

glad i made you laugh i found a thing that i liked that took no time and was made with scraps.......it is a key chain used hole saw to cut two layers of wood and the third layer i used scroll saw to cut a small picture out then i just drill a hole and use the key chain hardware. took me about 40 min to cut and sand then i just put a wax finish on it. or i shelack a ton of them all at once. made from the small scraps that i produce and its fast to make so its almost free in materical.