Wanna help someone with the build? Reply here

PaulMarcel

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

From the beautiful BlueRidge Mountains of Virginia near Roanoke, I'd like to help anyone interested in any of the guild builds or any other woodworking project. I have a complete shop and am happy to share. Depending on the time of day, bring either donuts or nachos.

John B

www.cherrycreekwoodcrafts.com

From the beautiful BlueRidge Mountains of Virginia near Roanoke, I'd like to help anyone interested in any of the guild builds or any other woodworking project. I have a complete shop and am happy to share. Depending on the time of day, bring either donuts or nachos.

John B

www.cherrycreekwoodcrafts.com

do they make nacho flavored donuts?

• 2 months later...

I think I'm the only one so far that has publicly admitted to using a commercial cabinetmaker's sander to flatten the top, and I would do it again in a heartbeat! The only downside was it removed my ability to rationalize getting the L-N jointer plane, for which this bench top is a pretty compelling reason! ;-)

I think I'm the only one so far that has publicly admitted to using a commercial cabinetmaker's sander to flatten the top, and I would do it again in a heartbeat! The only downside was it removed my ability to rationalize getting the L-N jointer plane, for which this bench top is a pretty compelling reason! ;-)

I think you can still rationalize the jointer plane. I'll be using my new LN #8 to make sure that the bench top didn't come out of flat after I attached it to it's base- or at least that's the story my better half will hear :)

• 3 months later...

I am in Charlotte, NC and will help out with power tools, general labor, and pithy humor.

Also, in response to the original post, i am flabbergasted that no one made a beaver joke! OK... I guess i am the only old man with the sense of humor of a 12 year old!

William

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...