Studleys tool chest

Alf Torp

that is a realy nice piece and i always like to have stuff organized and extreamly efficiant but i would not want to have my tools in it because i look at a empty table with my saw on it and say where is my saw. i would open that and stand there trying to remember where the plier is. my own shop would have several tool chests that there is all my different saws in one, one for planers and scrapers and chissles ect... one for hammers and striking tools.....you get the idea.

well considering how much time and work this guy put into this project im thinking he takes realy good care of his tools plus his tools were probably made to last almost forever. and since he is a piano maker he was probably very detailed and maticulas you would have to be to make a musical instrument like a piano.

• Like 1

I can't wait for Lost Art Press to get the book done on Studley, I think they were talking next year. I have loved looking at his chest (man that sounds bad) ever since Norm first showed it on NYW years ago. FWW has a free screen saver of the chest as well, I have spent a lot of time staring at my desktop thanks to them.