Window trim finnish

Miles

I recently had new construction windows installed. In the bathroom I fabricated and installed the jamb extensions and trim using cherry. In all the other rooms to date I used poplar that I painted with an interior latex. With the cherry, given the bathroom humidity I used three coats of a water based poly. ThE problem is I'm getting discoloration between the shade and window. I'm assuming that this is UV damage. Is there a Finnish that would've been better? I'd like to do the same with the windows in the kitchen but obviously have to fix this problem first.

Thanks

When reno-ing a kitchen, I found the hardwood underneath the cabinets to have a different colour than the rest of the exposed floor (even though the factory finish is supposed to be UV protectant). Sunlight will always win. Eventually, the darker floor will catch up the rest, just as your window trim will eventually even out.

Sorry, I should have been more specific. The discoloration is a milky haze. It looks sun bleached. This is a north facing window and the trim has been installed for. 6-8 months or so. The cabinets and chair rail in the bathroom are also cherry so I'm familiar with the darkening.

Is it over kill to use an exterior grade Finnish? http://www.epifanes.com/

With all the condensation on cold nights there was a good deal of moisture

Thanks for your thoughts

Miles