Chest of Drawers Finished

I have been enjoying the Guild build videos.

The chest looks fantastic.........Except for the two top pulls. I do not like them at all.

I think they completely distract from the rest of the gorgeous piece.

Everything else on the piece has the beautiful Spagnolo touch. Slender tapered legs, slightly arched top support, nicely finished original

flowing large pulls, then.....round? headlights on top.

Sorry to be so negative about a small feature, but that is just my take.

I don't want to start a flame war here. Opinions are like elbows, almost everyone has a couple and this is mine and mine only.

I still believe you are the best thing going in woodworking on the net.

Thank you for all you do.

Vid.

Well I certainly don't do these videos so that everyone can agree with my tastes. I am a firm believer that if everyone likes every aspect of something you've built, then you aren't trying very hard. In order for me to build with passion, I need to try new things and experiment. And many times, that means making things that some folks don't like. Sometimes it even means making things that I am not 100% sure about myself. But there is value in taking yourself down that path. I wasn't 100% about sushi the first time I ate it. But now its one of my favorite foods. So I wouldn't expect everyone to like the top pulls any more than I would expect everyone to like the same food I do. So you are certainly entitled to your opinion and you should feel comfortable expressing it here. But I am also entitled to disagree with you. ;)

Well I certainly don't do these videos so that everyone can agree with my tastes. I am a firm believer that if everyone likes every aspect of something you've built, then you aren't trying very hard. In order for me to build with passion, I need to try new things and experiment. And many times, that means making things that some folks don't like. Sometimes it even means making things that I am not 100% sure about myself. But there is value in taking yourself down that path. I wasn't 100% about sushi the first time I ate it. But now its one of my favorite foods. So I wouldn't expect everyone to like the top pulls any more than I would expect everyone to like the same food I do. So you are certainly entitled to your opinion and you should feel comfortable expressing it here. But I am also entitled to disagree with you. ;)

Absolutly, and sorry you had to edit.

Vid

I wasn't 100% about sushi the first time I ate it. But now its one of my favorite foods. So I wouldn't expect everyone to like the top pulls any more than I would expect everyone to like the same food I do.

So you're saying the top pulls go well with wasabi?

I think the top two drawers and wide drawer below it make a smiley face and that was a subliminal thing for Nicole...