My Race is Run (Roubo)

Eric.

Thanks guys.

Hey, if I didn't gloat here, no one on earth would give a crap about my builds...my wife and kids sure don't and the only thing my buddies care about is "when are you gonna build a boat, dude?...everything else you do is a waste of time!"  Jerks.

I know it's an old thread...didn't mean to double-dip gloat.  Next time...just take one gloat and END IT!

It's all Seinfeld today.

Thanks guys.

Hey, if I didn't gloat here, no one on earth would give a crap about my builds...my wife and kids sure don't and the only thing my buddies care about is "when are you gonna build a boat, dude?...everything else you do is a waste of time!" Jerks.

I know it's an old thread...didn't mean to double-dip gloat. Next time...just take one gloat and END IT!

It's all Seinfeld today.

I agree. Its hard to find anyone that gives a crap about a new tool purchase or something that we built. I say gloat away. Get gloat crazy. Double dip that gloat. I dont know one person that is a woodworker or loves tools like i do. Literally not one. The day i meet another woodworker face to face its gonna be instant bromance.
  • Like 1

Yeah, woodworking comrades in our age group are in short supply out there in meat space.  Out of the thousands of guys I've met up at the lumberyard I could probably only hang with a few of them.  Internet to the rescue.

Is it because they instantly recognize that you're a jerk, or do you recognize that they are morons? ;)

• Like 1

Tom's Roubo build has me feeling a little nostalgic about my bench this morning, and I've been meaning to fix some of the pics that imagesuck decided to delete without warning.  So I did that and I'm gonna add a few construction pics in this post...just for the archives and because why not.

I know the split-top with the BC hardware has kind of become the beat-to-death, overdone G&G of the bench world in the last few years.  But for good reason...these things are incredibly versatile and the hardware is awesome.  I'm constantly grateful for one feature or another, and I never find myself longing for anything different.  Don't be turned off by the bandwagon dark cloud that hangs over it.  Sometimes the best is the best and you need to forget about the rest.  So eat that, haters!  Shazam!

rouboslabs013.jpg

I'm glad to see I wasn't the only one who had to route out 1/8th or so of material for the nut block to slide fully closed.

Awesome bench, love that front board for the dovetail.  

Glad someone bumped this, I wasn't around when you posted this build. Incredibly well done Eric. Every time I see one of your builds I think, so that's how it SHOULD look. You have a knack for perfection. 

Wow, high praise!  Thanks mang!

I'm glad to see I wasn't the only one who had to route out 1/8th or so of material for the nut block to slide fully closed.

Awesome bench, love that front board for the dovetail.  

Thanks mang!

No idea what you're talking about with the 1/8" thing...it's been so long I've forgotten every detail about the build.  Of which there were many.