Best Table Saw Blade?

pghmyn

I bought a Freud ATB combination blade with the PermaShield Coating, I like it. It seems to do everything well. Ive used it for a year now and feel its kept its edge, It comes with a good amount of carbide so I'm hopeful to get a few sharpening out of it. I have used Forest blades in the past at shops Ive worked in and wouldn't say it works as well as they do. I had a buddy suggest the this Freud blade rather than the PermaShield blade. They only had the Permasheild at my local Western Tool so I bought it.

I'm pretty happy with it so far.

Erik

Oops, here is the link - http://www.mcfeelys.com/product/LU84-11R/freudreg-Combination-Blade--10quot/?gclid=CNTb75u91rICFal7QgodzGEADA&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=LU84-11R&ef_id=aTBOVtBAO0AAAMZn:20120927192002:s

Ive cut 4/4 maple walnut and oak with my blade and it works well. My saw is only a 1 1/2 horse so i probable could have gone with a thin kirf blade. If im cutting 6/4 or 8/4 I'll make the cut on my band than plane it down to final size. I think i feel more comfortable making cuts in thicker stock on the band saw however.

I have the diablo that you purchased on amazon. I have a 1.5 hp saw and it's been wonderful! I bought it in may and it's ready to be sharpened at the end of september being used 6-7 days a week cutting 2x4's to 2.5 inch nail embedded oak beams to 3 inch heart pine.. maple etc. I didn't realize the price on amazon was such a sweet deal. I'm going to buy two and rotate them with the sharpening service!

I have the diablo that you purchased on amazon. I have a 1.5 hp saw and it's been wonderful! I bought it in may and it's ready to be sharpened at the end of september being used 6-7 days a week cutting 2x4's to 2.5 inch nail embedded oak beams to 3 inch heart pine.. maple etc. I didn't realize the price on amazon was such a sweet deal. I'm going to buy two and rotate them with the sharpening service!

Depending on how I like this blade, I might invest in a couple more from the same brand. However, I am going to be saving up for some tools in the future. I have a whole wish list compiled together of tools I would like to eventually have ;)

"Best Table Saw Blade?"

"Best" is relative and subjective...which blade to get depends alot on your saw, what you cut, and how much you want to spend. For $30, I think you did well with the Freud Diablo.

For others who might be interested, I think the CMT ITK and ITK plus series, DeWalt Precision Trim series, and Irwin Marples series are comparable thin kerf blades. The Oshlun and Tenryu blades represent decent quality in Chinese value blades, but also offer some full kerf choices. For more money, Ridge Carbide, Forrest, Infinity, Tenryu Gold Medal, CMT Industrial, Amana Tool, and Freud Industrial and Premier series have some excellent blades....the Infinity Combomax on sale for $59 represents a pretty nice value in a top shelf blade (full and thin kerf). The Delta 35-7657 40T has been on sale for < $30 from Cripe, and represents a heck of a bargain in a very good full kerf general purpose blade.

I'd avoid the Avanti and Avanti Pro lines at HD, Irwin Marathon series, DeWalt Construction series, Oldham contractor series, Workforce, Ryobi, HF, Skil, Vermont American, and most Sears blades....these blades are comparable quality to an average stock blade, and aren't well suited for fine woodworking IMO.

I would check out the Freud blades on amazon.com. I purchased all mine from there. I purchased the ones they have marked as industrial, not the diablo. I can't speak for the diablo's but I love all the Freud blades I bought. Rip saw blades and crosscut. I think there is multi-blade too (didn't get it). As recall, I paid about $35 - $75 for each one of mine. Usually free shipping too.

Wanted to say that my new blade (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00008WQ2X/ref=ox_ya_os_product) came today, and I tested it out on hard and soft maple. The performance was nothing short of amazing. Cross cut was almost as smooth as a sanded surface, and a rip cut was completely burn free (as compared to my previous blade which browned the entire edge of the board).

For $25 (including shipping), I don't think you could go wrong here. Thanks for the link to this blade!

I've tried quite a few. I like my WWII the best but I need to send it for sharpening. Currently have a Freud D1050X that works excellently in with one caveat. On my Rigid TS3650 the blade guard is attached to a splitter that is just a hair wider then the Freud blade so I have to bend the splitter a little to the left to make sure the work doesn't bind after the cut.

-Jim