Best Work Bench Accessory?

I would say in order:

1. Dog Holes and Dogs

2. Holdfasts

3. Bench hook

So the good news is that the cheapest things and the things that don't require any installation (other than drilling holes). These are so dirt simple that they can be adapted in so many ways to fit whatever you are working on at the moment.

My favorite is my pop-up planing stop. I use it all the time!

All there is to it is a board with two slots, hanger bolts screwed into the end of the bench, and wing nuts and washers on the bolts...

Loosen the nuts, raise the stop, plane... and it's gone when you don't want it. It works great for biscuit cutting, carcase assembly and other stuff, too!

My dad always had a paint can opener tied to a string and attached to every bench. He stored all of his screws in quart sized paint cans, so he needed them all of the time.

I asked him one time what it was called, and he told me a "church key"...because it opens all that is good and true in this world.

Now I understand he meant beer. :D

Haha, I like the stool idea! Better make it a real fancy one though :).

Shelf's a good idea too.

Any more for any more... this is going to be the most 'accesoried out' bench ever at this rate.

Maybe somewhere to store timber... like a small drying rack in the middle... good idea, bad idea?