Please help my incompetence..

shanesmith80

I'm having problems accessing the videos for my guild project. Originally if I clicked on a topic the video was there and i could just hit play. But know it seems I have to download the video. If I have to download them thats no problem but prefer not too.

Any help with my computer incompetence is greatly appreciated. By the way I have a mac computer.

cheers.

We never want you to have to download (unless you want to) and all videos should have an embedded player. A few questions for you:

- What project/video are you trying to watch?

- Does this happen with every video in the series?

- Does this happen with other videos in other series?

- Have you tried an alternative browser?

- Have you updated Flash recently? If not, do so.

I'll monitor this thread for your responses so we can get you all fixed up.

I watched the first 2 on the roubo bench a few days ago no worries. The video panel was there and i just hit play. Then last night went to watch the next one but the video isn't there. This is the first series I have as I just joined up, forgive me I can be lazy. Just downloaded flash player, no difference. I use Safari as that is what was on the computer. Am open to suggestions.

This is the screen shot I'm getting.

Bench Profile: Jeremy Gauthier

general_1-200x151.jpgJeremy Gauthier is a Guild member from Bristol, Rhode Island. He’s pretty much a hybrid woodworker and has a well-equipped shop. He modeled his workbench, at least somewhat, after the Monster Workbnench published by Fine Woodworking Magazine.

Jeremy’s bench also features ample storage and various work-holding elements including two (yes, I said TWO) Veritas Twin Screw Vises and lots of holes for holdfasts. The top is constructed from hard maple and the base is made from ash. The bench is performing well for Jeremy and even has room to grow as his needs change.

Hmm.... unfortunately that doesn't give me a whole lot to go on. Nothing has changed on the site in the past few days so I can be pretty confident that we can isolate this to a change on your system. But identifying exactly what that is might be tricky. Can you take a moment to test a few things and answer all of the questions I listed above. That will at least rule some things out for me.

Disregard my last post. I used all my computer genius and turned it off at the wall then back on again and its working fine. (There may have been a few updates in there as well but I'm sticking with computer genius)

Thanks for your help guys.

Thanks Marc but it does seem that it was just my incompetence. Seems as though I need to check for updates every day with this thing.