World of Warcraft

pghmyn

i used to play a lot, raid a lot (4+ nights a week) and ranked world 2nd on some fights on my Warlock in Cata.

i'm not playing nearly as much now in MoP. I had 10x lvl 85s but now only my lock is 90.

I've been thinking about getting back into the game for fun on my free time when I can't get into the shop like when its night time.

I used to raid a lot during TBC times and still some during Wrath, but somehow got burned out during Cata and now transferred to a new server to help some friends with MoP leveling. Still the same boring grind, but casual after dropping my alt-o-holism (had a max lvl char in every class with max professions in every profession during Wrath). I play on the EU Bladefist (horde) & Hellscream (ally) servers.

WoW just seems to be a constant in our lives, although our play time varies dramatically month to month. Right now, Im enjoying MoP in the little spare time I have. And now that Mateo is here, our days of serious raiding are pretty much over.

I hope to eventually find a good guild to raid with one day. Every time I played WoW, my groups were terrible and unorganized. Made the time I played the game pretty uneventful.

I hope to eventually find a good guild to raid with one day. Every time I played WoW, my groups were terrible and unorganized. Made the time I played the game pretty uneventful.

there are definitely pros to raid in a raiding guild, but there is also a cost. I've been in raiding guild since classic, raiding 5 days a week, down to 4 in wotlk and cata. Maintaining your raider status is a lot of work and time investment. cost of mats, enchants, flasks, repairs, etc. But the big one is the consistency it requires. You need to organise your schedule around the game. Its just something i can'T justify anymore. Even down to 2 days i can't find the motivation to do it. The stress of being late for a raid, of letting your team down, of saying no to a diner with friends... at some points, its not worth it anymore.

If i could find a way to translate that investment in real life $$ somehow without it being illegal i think i'd do it. i'm sitting on like 1 million gold and 10 lvl 85s with rare mounts etc. wish i could just sell it all now.

there are definitely pros to raid in a raiding guild, but there is also a cost. I've been in raiding guild since classic, raiding 5 days a week, down to 4 in wotlk and cata. Maintaining your raider status is a lot of work and time investment. cost of mats, enchants, flasks, repairs, etc. But the big one is the consistency it requires. You need to organise your schedule around the game. Its just something i can'T justify anymore. Even down to 2 days i can't find the motivation to do it. The stress of being late for a raid, of letting your team down, of saying no to a diner with friends... at some points, its not worth it anymore.

If i could find a way to translate that investment in real life $$ somehow without it being illegal i think i'd do it. i'm sitting on like 1 million gold and 10 lvl 85s with rare mounts etc. wish i could just sell it all now.

I got so tired of the random LFG runs of small dungeons, and never finding a raid group, that I eventually just gave up. I'm not much of a PvP player - I actually hate it. If I get back into the game, I would like to find a good group of people to run with.

I played WOW hardcore for about two-three years after it came out. But I kinda burned myself out after doing that, on most MMOs really. Star Wars:The Old Republic had the best chance of wooing my back but my old gaming guild had mostly moved on and my heart wasn't into it. Now I play mostly single player games now which I can devote much less time to, or which are free to play so I don't feel guilty about wasting money if I don't play for awhile.

Only so much gaming time you can spend while still doing everything else remaining gainfully employed and socially active requires. And there's that whole woodworking habit I've acquired in the meanwhile that takes up a little time.

I played WOW hardcore for about two-three years after it came out. But I kinda burned myself out after doing that, on most MMOs really. Star Wars:The Old Republic had the best chance of wooing my back but my old gaming guild had mostly moved on and my heart wasn't into it. Now I play mostly single player games now which I can devote much less time to, or which are free to play so I don't feel guilty about wasting money if I don't play for awhile.

Only so much gaming time you can spend while still doing everything else remaining gainfully employed and socially active requires. And there's that whole woodworking habit I've acquired in the meanwhile that takes up a little time.

I find myself sitting home at night just watching TV when I think to myself that I would rather be playing a game like WoW :)

I topped out in Cata at level 85 and pretty much gave up at that point. I'm more of a solo player so grinding to level 85 solo and with pick up groups was a major choir. I think about going back and checking out the new panda expansion every once in awhile though. At one point i was ahead of the curve in cata and was helpful but those days are over. :) The holiday season is approaching and there will be a bit more casual time so I might log back in and let everyone know if I do.

Dean

• 3 weeks later...

Leveling with LFG and later upgrading gear thru LFR is very quick nowadays. I think it took me about three weeks of casual play in the evenings to hit 90 with ilvl 460+ gear. Spent most of my time in dungeons during leveling.

PUG raids are suprisingly ok, but ofc nowhere near as organised or uniform as guild runs.

Worst irritation upto now in MOP are the gazillion reputations to grind @ 90.

• 1 year later...

I know this is pretty late as far as this topic but if anyone is ever looking for a good casual guild that raids current content look up Knights Who Say Ni on Quel'dorei.   Very friendly guild that is great.  Just IM an officer and tell them you know toomey and would like an invite.  It is a very active casual guild that you can do as much (or as little) as you want with.

• 7 months later...

Hi all this is a pleasant surprise I didn't know Marc was a wow player. I'm late to this topic just realized it when I see u are going to blizzcon. I have been playing since 2007 with small breaks inbetween be great to talk wow and woodworking 1 more week till new expansion just preordered. Have fun there Marc!! I'm on uldum by the way if anyone else here is