Baby changing table plans?

tdh36185

Most projects that I do, aside from guild builds are pretty much without plans, a lot is planned out in my head a rough drawing is made and I start building. This in general works fine for shop furniture and some of the other small pieces that I have made. However, my wife asked me to make a baby changing table, as we are expecting our first child. I am curious if anyone has come across plans to make such a table, winging it on something that my child will be fully resting on does not sit well with me on this one. I have been considering utilizing the chest of drawers plan and adding a piece to the top for the changing table component. I was hoping to get some feedback on if others would think about this plan is a good idea or not. Thanks for your input.

First off, Congrats! In regards to the table, what I usually do when looking for design ideas is to scour the internet, magazines, etc looking for aspects of a project that I like, dislike, and also note the safety considerations that each of them boast. More often times than not I never find 'exactly' what I'm looking for, but between the research and ultimately putting together all of the design aspects that catch my eye, a final design comes to mind.

*** There's no substitute for research ***

I think my wife and I looked for 6 months or more before I designed / built our daughters crib. I suspect a changing table would have a few less safety considerations than a crib, but even still there's no harm looking into it :).

Whether you build from a plan or decide to design it yourself, I'm sure that it will be beautiful and your wife will love it!

Just did a quick search, here's a starting point for information..

How much time do you have before the little bundle arrives?