Which builds would I have access to if I joined today?

Tbeaulieu

Hello,

I've been reading one of Chris Schrwarz's books on benches. I really want to build a good bench so I'm not working on the floor.

Trying to understand the membership. I see some text describing having access to all builds for the year. I see other text about archived builds.

I ain't the brightest, so please help me understand this. I see now release dates on the builds in the list. What was built "this year" that I'd have access to? What even IS "this year", since a person can join at any time? What happens after a year? I do retain access to everything release from my join date? Or do I lose access to them?

Thank you for any clarification.

If you join for a year, your membership starts when you join and lasts for one year. You have access to all the projects built while you are a member. So, you don't know what those projects will be. The projects built before you became a member are called "archived projects". When you join for a year you get a $65 credit towards archived projects. When that runs out, you need to pay extra for archived projects.

So, if you join now you'll get the Dogon Bed project which is just starting, and whatever other projects are done between now and November 2013. You'll also get a $65 credit that you can use to get archived projects.

• 1 month later...

That was exactly my question as well. I am looking at buying a standard one year membership, but I want the Roubo archive build. So, if I am correct, I should just go ahead and buy the one year and email or request about buying the Roubo? I am assuming it will have to be a manual process since the cost of the Roubo is 100 dollars and I would receive a 65 dollar credit towards that video? Am I reading that correctly?

Thanks

You know ... last night when I was watching WW videos on the TV and sipping a martini I got to thinking.

I watch an awful lot of your videos, Marc. I really need to support you. You are very inspirational, educational and entertaining.

It's been an expensive month with my craigslist lumber runs (you wouldn't believe how much wood I bought for projects that don't yet exist), drawer slides, vise, inset vise, bench dogs, router bits, a new Forrest 12" chop master, a 10" Freud rip blade, 2 band saw blades, jointer blades, planer blades, holy cow! My Wife is NOT going to be happy with me!

Ok ... so my point is that I WILL join SOON!

Marc, FWW has the yearly online subscription. What I like about it, is that it's simple. Just saying maybe a one price gives you access to everything for a year might be something to consider. Seeing a complex plan makes me analyze it and spend a lot of effort trying to figure out what the best value is and what my needs are and what projects it would give me access to... Personally, if I knew I'd have access to everything for a set price it would be a much easier decision. But still ... I WILL JOIN SHORTLY!

Hey Todd. Sounds like you are gonna have some "splaining to do" to the misses. :)

I am actually a member over at FWW too and I absolutely prefer our system, as a user and as a producer. We do give you two choices (a la carte or yearly), but our projects and memberships are much more expensive than FWW's and you're getting lifetime access, so you probably should give it some serious thought before plunking down the cash.

The options we provide allow you to get the most for your hard-earned money so that in the end you are happier with your investment. Ultimately, I don't want people to have to pay to watch projects they have no interest in.

If you have any questions about the projects or the membership options, just let me know. We tried to make the homepage as clear as possible but as you know, one man's clear is another man's clear as mud.