How early have you milled after glue up and felt completely safe?

TDog77

I live in the relatively dry and warm state of CO and up to this point have let all my pieces sit pretty dang close to the 24 hour mark before milling or any stress related work with the various titebonds and am curious about pushing that timeframe some to keep moving on some projects while i have some time off work. I don't need to push things hard but would not mind an 8 hour cure then some milling and additional gluing before hitting the hay. Experiences?

i've waited 45 minutes after glueups with titebond regular glue before planing some glueups i've made. 1-2h is pretty safe. The only advantage your method still hold is that, regular vinylic glue has a lot of water in it. After a glue up, the joint will swell. if you plane the pieces while the joint is still swelled up, you might be able to feel a little "recess" once the planed joint drys back up.

you should find the opening times and working times on the bottle itself. if not on their website.

T- I live in CO as well, depending on what I am working on and the steps in the build process, along with temperature determines when I feel "safe' machining glueups. If I am proceding to my last machining or sanding prior to finish, I will wait atleast 24 hours. I have experienced the joints shrinking even after the 24 hour recommendation by the manufacturer.

I always leave it overnight to dry/cure. This usually means 24 hours, but sometimes a little less (like 16 hours). It's not worth the risk to me of stressing a joint that took so much time to design, cut, and assemble.

If the shop is cold, I bring the glue up into the house to cure.