Boatworks Today

Steam Bending And a Toboggan??

28 posts in this topic

Part 2 of the construction. This wraps up the build :-) Hope everyone had a good NY Eve!

Thanks, Andy. Looking forward to the boat build. Nice job on the toboggan.

Really great videos. watched then last night! Very inspiring stuff! i'm definitely going to give steam bending a shot after watching the videos.!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Topics

• I no it may be a turd but I would take it for free.  There has been times I would like to turn a spindle for something. Hope this lathe will get you by for now.
    • I have this model. Pretty awesome. I only really use it on stuff that gets painted though. General Finish High Performance works great. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    • From what I've read,some guys have good luck with the HF lathes.  This does not appear to be one of those good luck stories.  If that's a current model, they might take it as an exchange, people say they have a very loose return policy.
    • Sell testicle.  Buy this.     It'll be worth it, I promise.
    • You guys are a terrible influence. So I have been making progress. I have 6 boards that are jointed and planed, and a couple more that are just jointed. As I said before, I'm just going for removing any bad twist or bows. Next up is straight line ripping done of the pieces. I made a new jig that was long enough, but I haven't tried it yet. Also, as I showed in my last post I now have parallel clamps for the glue up. I don't have a domino for alignment, so what did you guys do? My options are either just cauls, dowels, or a spline. I don't have a biscuit joiner, and don't think I'd use it. I was thinking a longer open time glue might be a good idea.@shaneymack the Lee valley glue claims a longer open time. How have you found it compared to something like titebond 2? Titebond extend doesn't seem to be easily obtained around here.
  • Popular Contributors

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room