poopin' stool, Spagnuolo-style

Eric.

Well, that's probably not what he calls it - yet - but he will soon. :) My two-and-a-half year old is making an earnest effort to drop the kids off at the pool and brush her teeth on her own...and since those will be two less activities I'll have to participate in every day, I thought I'd encourage it by giving her a boost. We'll go ahead and call it a Christmas present, too, in the name of woodworker efficiency.

QSWO with purpleheart pegs. Three coats Arm-R-Seal satin. Fun, fast and easy project. Another great one, Marc!

PS...If you want a thankless job, build a special item for a two year old. :rolleyes: She'll appreciate it when she's older.

1wlttCj.jpg

UwxGcL7.jpg

l9o8KqV.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice work, but I thought when I watched the make video on you tube and I still think it now, if it were me I'd replace the dowels for wedged through tenons (always been a belt and braces type)

Yeah, wedged tenons would be sweet...and also considerably more difficult and time consuming. This project was a quickie, just the way I needed it.

... and it looks great. Methinks it will be cherished for many years. (picture elderly lady sitting on a chair with her feet on that stool) I'll bet that stool will carry many stories with it over the years- well done!

just double checked... and yep, the little stool we have is one that her Mom made for her in (apporox) 1970... Her mom went to night-classes in England and took woodworking and made one for my wife and one for her sister

P11303821024x768.jpg

I believe your stool could be in for a similar future and will be cherished- well done

Lawrence