ADA compliant Sink base cabinet kitchen

dcustoms

Hello all!

I just took on a job building a small kitchen in a commercial building. The plans call for an ADA compliant sink base. I know that counter height has to be 34" at the sink and I read the rules about clearances but having never built one I'm not sure on the exact design. The plans also call for a disposal so I have that to contend with.

Any ideas, drawings, pictures or suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks,

rules we dont need no stinken rules i say put the garbage and food prep on the same surface and store your chicken/red meat/ and fish all in the same container.

and while were at it everything needs to be cooked with peanut oil. have fun dustin i hate cooking regulations there all so particular and exact.

rules we dont need no stinken rules i say put the garbage and food prep on the same surface and store your chicken/red meat/ and fish all in the same container.

and while were at it everything needs to be cooked with peanut oil. have fun dustin i hate cooking regulations there all so particular and exact.

Americans with disabilities act. :)

Your sink collar is just build to match. You usually have 5.5" to work with, actually 5" + - .5". Your 34 is is at the highest point either the very top of your sink bowl or drip edge which ever is higher. Your 24" is to the wall not the splash. You need counter sample and your offset sink bowl to draw out a plan. If you dont have access to these then build your collar box out of 3/4 ply but only 3.5 to 4" tall. Make your false front to match your cabinet work just a hair over 4". If its to tall you can just unscrew it. Think false drawer front. Your plumber will supply the low profile drain and disposal its not the cabinet builders issue. Your kick panel gets installed and made after the plumber has done his job.

Don

• Like 1