Greetings felow sawdust makers

superdav

Hello,

My name is David Bardin I hale from Jackson Mississippi. As a teenager I had the privilege to do a lot of remodeling. And I have worked on some homes that are on the national register for historical reasons. We would hand mill our materials to try to match all the trim, rosettes and any of the woodwork that was in the home. I saved my money and went to college. I got a degree in communications. And have worked in some field of electronics or IT ever since.

Now I am married and have bought myself a shop I have started woodworking as a hobby. I found myself leaning toward the hybrid woodworking. I love the hand tools and the warmness it gives the piece. I still don’t mind using power tools to get the rough work done.

I work in education now and it’s not for the money. But I love my job and its 40 hours a week and I get to go home. That’s when my lovely wife lets me spend hours in the shop playing, in her words "'dave's cave".

I have found I will buy some lumber and start a poor sketch of what I want and just start building. Most of the time it turns in 3 or 4 different directions and a new project comes out.

post-252-064646700 1284518431_thumb.jpg

Welcome Dave,

My shop is called "Uncle Steve's Sawdust Factory" by family, friends and clients. I know about comeing home from an education type job/career and wanting to relax. The shop is the best place to unwind a bit.

• 5 years later...