• 1 reply
    • 1.1k views
    • 6 replies
    • 1.4k views
    • 9 replies
    • 1.8k views
    • 1 reply
    • 1.6k views
  • Who's Online   4 Members, 0 Anonymous, 50 Guests (See full list)

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    rojmwq4e
    Newest Member
    rojmwq4e

• Topics

• Clearly ones work might outlive one - living in Bloomington, it's not uncommon to run into Nancy's work around town. I've not considered before that ones classes might outlive one. The following just arrived in my inbox.
    • I probably have used my biscuit joiner for making slots for Z-clips as often as for aligning boards for panels. Sounds like you are content with connecting your saw tracks (as opposed to an 8' track)? I know the day will come when I need to cut longer than my 55-inch track... TIA
    • You have made some wonderful progress on your space Von.  I have really enjoyed getting to tag along so far.  Thanks!
    • Yes.  They look good but are of course 4" square corner and I want 3-1/2" 5/8" round corner .  I have a feeling that with the small pantry hollow core door one hinge may do the job.  They come as a pair so I may give them a shot and just do a little chisel work.  Thanks all!
    • I usually favor figure 8 connectors or shop made "buttons" to secure tops. I've had some Z clips in stock for years and thought I would use a few. Even though there is an attachment point at each corner, people like to lift things by the tops so I will add 3 more connection points. I chuck up a slot cutter and set the height. I clamp a block of wood to the member to be cut to give me a greater bearing surface for the router base. A none-too-specific length slot gets cut on each upper drawer divider and one at the back rail. Between designing the dressers and getting them installed we decided to go with plantation shutters for the windows. The dressers were going to be a smidge taller than the lower ledge of the window frames. With the addition of the shutters these dimensions changed. Time for everyone to get a little shorter. I'm going to use the guided circular saw for this. I found that using a pair of rail connectors gives me a more solid pair of guide rails. One on one side . . . . . . and one on the other. YMMV. I find yet another use for the cabinet door holder jig thingy. And presto. Everyone is an inch and a quarter, shorter. And I'm a poet, and didn't know it . I re-profile the bottoms of the feet and I'm ready to move on. I was worried that this leg shortening would blow the look. I did a "what if" test in Sketch Up before committing and we decided it was OK.
  • Popular Contributors