gee-dub

Mentors
  • Content Count

    3422
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    30

gee-dub last won the day on April 15

gee-dub had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

3537 Excellent

4 Followers

About gee-dub

  • Rank
    Master Poster

Profile Information

  • Location
    : SoCal
  • Woodworking Interests
    Furniture for your home and office in general. Greene and Greene influenced in particular.

Recent Profile Visitors

6008 profile views
  1. I went back and forth on an alternate truss configuration to increase storage for quite some time. In the end there were a few contributing factors. - Where I live attic temps can reach 160 degrees for extended periods. - I have other outbuildings for storage. - I'm not getting any younger. - I had to make some tough decisions as to how to spend the budget. If I wanted that additional storage, and believe me I had a plan including it . . . decking, storage layout, access, etc. I could have gone with a full or partial different truss format, insulated differently or done some ot
  2. Finished the external electrical boxes today but this was the highlight.
  3. If you separate post-blower all the spoil will pass through the blower.
  4. I will have an outdoor switch and outlet at each door. I like the box just shy of flush and use a quick "jig" to help with alignment. These lockable covers will activate a "porch" light over each door and provide an outlet for whatever one may want one for in those areas.
  5. Yes. Lots of dedicated circuits.
  6. Thanks for all the input guys. That is the real value of these forums. All the holes for internal wiring are drilled.
  7. Seriously, I did use a backer board to make the self-feed keep feeding once it exited the 2x. Pretty much the effort involved is holding the drill motor and aiming .
  8. How furniture makers bore for Romex
  9. Nothing that shows but I finished sealing the control joints.
  10. First pic just shows the holes cut to accept 2" pipe nipples. Used with conduit lock nuts and insulating bushings this creates a pathway between boxes as per the NEC. One is for the feeds between service panels. The other is just in case I need pathway for who-knows-what years from now. The original plan was two ground rods at a set distance. We even drew it that way originally. Current code allows the use of a WWII era technology; a Ufer ground. This is a concrete encased electrode and this is what I went with.
  11. More joints sealed and the second service panel added.
  12. LOL, I had a similar experience when a 20-something kid had a room up, and taped before I could blink. I swore I would never do drywall again. Maybe I should stand by my word.
  13. Nope. It's the Glenn Show from here on out. I am thinking on having the drywall and insulation done for me though. That is one job that brings me little joy ;-) I did take my first shot at the control joint sealing. Came out OK. I have a little bit more to do . . .
  14. First steps, sweep up after the contractors, vacuum the control-joint cuts in the slab and seal the cuts and the slab-to-bottom-plate joints. If I get that done today I will feel pretty good as it is several hundred feet of caulking.
  15. Final inspection complete. The next phase begins: 2100