SOLD: Infinity carbide knives for DW 735

BuilderBill

SOLD!! 3/22/13

Just put a Shelix head in the DeWalt and have a set of the infinity carbide knives I never took out of the case. $135 including USPS flat rate box shipping or UPS ground whichever is cheaper.

I also have an almost new set of their HSS knives, used a little but with several nicks on one edge. Other edge never used. I'll throw them in for another $20.

DeWalt DW734 & DW735 Planer Knives

Photo attached.

PM if interested.

Thanks for looking!

Bill

post-1150-0-74292800-1362783007_thumb.jp

Chris,

Quick and easy, took about an hour start to finish. Good instructions and your video helped a lot.

Big C-clip wasn't a problem, came out on second try. I've struggled with them for ages and the other day I spotted a Channellock C-clip plier at the local HD, sturdiest looking I'd ever seen. No bent noses or anything, just a solid pair of pliers. They work great! Link: http://www.homedepot.com/p/t/100348008?catalogId=10053&langId=-1&keyword=Channellock+927&storeId=10051&N=5yc1v&R=100348008#.UT0mMYy9KSM

Impact driver with Torx and hex bits helped a lot time-wise. Used a 1/2" deep impact socket over the pinion gear to drive out the head, quick and easy, no damage.

All in all a pretty painless experience and the Shelix head is the Boss! I'm amazed at how quiet it is, I ran a piece of hard maple through after the change and could hardly hear the head cutting.

Well, I guess I've hijacked my own thread enough. Maybe somebody wants the knives, I'll put them on another forum or two if not.

Thanks again for your help,

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

Bill - do you still have these?  I'm getting really tired of replacing the blades on my 735.  I just replaced them a few weeks ago and they are already nicked and sending a big scratch down everything I put through the planer.  I'm just a hobbyist and don't get a ton of shop time, I hate wasting it taking this machine apart and replacing blades!

Sure do, shoot me a PM with shipping details. Just don't expect carbide to help with the nicks, they're caused by sand, dirt, nails etc. and carbide will nick just like steel. And you'll curse a lot more when it happens....  :(  But it stays sharp a heckuva lot longer than the el-cheapo DeWalt blades(or so I'm told).

Let me know if you still want them.

Thanx,

Bill

• Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 54 Guests (See full list)

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    JustAnotherGuy
    Newest Member
    JustAnotherGuy