hurt myself tonight

used it as a lesson for the kids  about how being a idiot for a second in the shop can have long lasting effects.  told them I knew better and should have had a sharp blade on the machine but I was being dumb and ornery and wanted to get thid block done before I quite for the day. 

the teacher got fired for being a drunk. got arrested twice for drinking and driving second time he ran from the cops and went to jail. so I have been teaching the class since last fall.

Are you in a walking cast, or do you need crutches?  (Don't know about broken pinkie toes, but I do know a little about broken big toes.  Never got mine set, so they'd need to break them - both - now to correct the issues.)

cant do much tape them together and suck it up. wait for the hair line fracture to heal.  didn't even go to the doctors because that is what he will do.

I think I figured out how I can turn one handed. make a tool with a long handle and brace it under my arm. use this for my tool rest

http://www.pennstateind.com/store/LCCAP.html

then I brace with right arm guide with left hand.take some work but its doable

You will need to register to use the links, but there's a discussion on another forum about turning tools for amputees.  http://www.woodturnersresource.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1273546767

They're bound to have a lot of information available about turning tool options, although it appears at first glance that there isn't much out there right now.

cant do much tape them together and suck it up. wait for the hair line fracture to heal.  didn't even go to the doctors because that is what he will do.

I think I figured out how I can turn one handed. make a tool with a long handle and brace it under my arm. use this for my tool rest

http://www.pennstateind.com/store/LCCAP.html

then I brace with right arm guide with left hand.take some work but its doable

We really need to get Duck a girlfreind, anything to keep him occupied while he heals!

• Like 2

hahahaha just antsy don't like being idle anyone know any cute female woodworkers?

I like building things so my mind is always learning and thinking of better ways to do stuff.

but seriously seems like wheel chair is easy to fix just make lathe shorter but how about if you only have one arm. do they make a lathe that the motor turns towards you so that you can turn the inside of the bowl and the turns sideways so you can also turn it round?

ha im always learning, teaching, tinkering, building, thinking.  no such thing as vacation.  if i take a week off i spend that time in front of lathe.  when we went to minasoata i stoped at 3 woodshops, and 2 mills to get some wood andwalk around.  even my friends i have doing stuff for me.  one friend is going to alaska and she is going too see about bringing home some elk antlers for me to turn on my lathe. i wake up thinking wood working and go to sleep dreaming about lumber.

:)

stitches out during this last week.

full brace off middle of next month. then I just get finger brace for an additional 6 weeks after that at least that's what therapist says but heck what do they know. soon ill be back at juggling chainsaws in no time.

hoping that I can then get some work done after some stretching and strength building by the end of july. cant wait to turn  on my lathe.  then im hoping I can get into full garage shop by this fall rather then just turning in the drive. strangest part is now my hand has no callus on it.  my hand is baby smooth. hasent been that way since I could start walking and working.